Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

**New Pics from Detroit & Cleveland Shows**
#16

Very cool pics! :thumb:

Now, just curious, but how many of these guys are hipbasers?
(I don't any of ya's in the real world)

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://concertpics.fotopic.net/p8308160.html">http://concertpics.fotopic.net/p8308160.html</a><!-- m -->
Reply
#17

I see I have been dubbed "the lunatic" in the pictures by Axis. (Yes, that's me). As Chris and Trevor (Man-sized Eldorado) will attest, I become totally immersed in the music and the concert atmosphere. I know practically 90% of The Hip lyrics by heart and many of Gord D.'s mannerisms and voice inflections. (I guess that happens after seeing 20+ shows). I find myself singing along to each song and doing my own Gord imitations. (Imitation is the greatest form of flattery, right?)

I do not do this intentionally, but many times I become a sideshow of entertainment for those around me. I can hear them laughing at my antics and laughing at the encouragement I yell to the band members between songs. I am very self-confident and I do not care if others think I am strange. All that I know is that I enjoy myself immensly.

Prior to most shows, I warn the others around me of what my actions will be, telling them that I will respect there space, but that I will be doing my own thing in mine. Axis, I hope I did not offend you or anyone else around me. I am just following my own path, as different as it may be.
:thumb:
Reply
#18

Hugh, you're the COOLEST lunatic I know! You make Hip shows the most fun shows of all time! :thumb:
Reply
#19

Good Pictures
Reply
#20

Quote:Axis, I hope I did not offend you or anyone else around me. I am just following my own path, as different as it may be.

I did not take or name the pictures that are on the site, but I can assure that the label was purely complementary. It is refreshing to see someone who is so into the music, while respectful of those around them. It is I who hopes you were not offended by the title of the pic, but if neccessary I will contact my companion from the show who took and posted the pics and have him change the name.

lunatics of the world unite
Reply
#21

oops, sorry, my whole message ended up a quote. Showing off my newbie status
Reply
#22

Axis, I was not offended and I am glad you have joined our community. There is no need to change the captions on your photos. I am sure it is how some people perceive me. I just felt it was necessary to qualify my actions. By the way, the pictures you and Man-Sized Eldorado took are excellent.

:thumb:
Reply
#23

lord brazle Wrote:Very cool pics! :thumb:

Now, just curious, but how many of these guys are hipbasers?
(I don't any of ya's in the real world)

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://concertpics.fotopic.net/p8308160.html">http://concertpics.fotopic.net/p8308160.html</a><!-- m -->


Clockwise from the left:
Not a Hipbaser - Yvan
chris - Me
The Heron Outside - Josh
Not a Hipbaser - Billy D
Hugh - Hugh23
Not a Hipbaser - Sean
Reply
#24

And with regards to the title of lunatic for Hugh:


Axis' companion - who took the pictures, and also had this pic and caption on his site - Wrote:[Image: gallery-1095546200-55895681_235.jpg]
we had this challenge where we bet 10 bucks each on whomever could keep their face submerged in a sinkful of ice water the longest. i had to go first

Who's the lunatic now? :jump :jump :lol:
Reply
#25

ha! Touche!
Reply
#26

Quote:Is fotopic.net free? I was also considering using Yahoo's albums.

It sure is! And you get 250megs of storage with no expiry date (they will never remove them even if they become inactive). Thought this was a great site with loads of cool tools.

Check it out and see what you think for yourself!
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)