Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

wheel of pride winner
#16

thompson girl Wrote:Yeah, the guy sounded like a real nerd.

Interesting though....the guy had to pick a list of bands, and then basically it came down to who was available on August 3rd. He said that Three Days Grace was in the top five of his list.

Yeah that is interesting. Sounds like the had a venue and a date that worked and they had to fill it with a band. I guess that was one of the stipulations: You (as the winner) get to pick the band but they have to be available to play when we (the Edge) says so.

I didn't hear that part as I turned it off right after they announced it was Three Days Grace.
Reply
#17

Chalk this one up to a combo of dumb luck and still knowing the Edge inside and out, despite only listening to Bookie on the drive home (on the rare days I actually can drive).

Maybe it was going to be Nickelback until Chad got all blottoed up.

Cheers,

Pat
Reply
#18

I think the winner was provided with only $50,000 for a concert with a Canadian band of his choice. The $50,000 is pretty limiting in itself. That amount of money automatically eliminates bands such as the Hip, Nickelback, etc.

Poor guy....Dean, Jason and Todd were making fun of him asking him if he had any friends to invite to the concert. He named off 11 people! The venue will hold 1,000. So, it sounds like there will be lots of tickets available.

Sarah
I was there
Reply
#19

thompson girl Wrote:I think the winner was provided with only $50,000 for a concert with a Canadian band of his choice. The $50,000 is pretty limiting in itself. That amount of money automatically eliminates bands such as the Hip, Nickelback, etc.

Yeah but if I remember correctly, didn't someone say that there was the option of getting a band that costs more and they could sell tickets? $50,000 may not get you the Hip but it would get you a BIG start. You sell 700 tickets at $50+ a pop and you have another $35,000 at your disposal. Plus if it is at the Phoenix, you have 300 friends you can invite for free!

I think a little creative thinking could have went a long way on Brent's part. But maybe that wasn't the deal...
Reply
#20

well looks like my prediction went right down the drain

sorry for the let down guys

who thinks that 3 days grace is one of the biggest bands in Canada??

maybe, MAYBE in the top 50
Reply
#21

farmerdan69 Wrote:well looks like my prediction went right down the drain

sorry for the let down guys

who thinks that 3 days grace is one of the biggest bands in Canada??

maybe, MAYBE in the top 50

One of the biggest bands in Canada yet I can't think of one of their songs off the top of my head....yeah right!

I don't even think I would put them in my top 50. Then again, maybe I am just getting old! :?
Reply
#22

Was keeping the 50k an option? If you can't get the Hip, I'm sure you could spend it on some really cool bands....just think of bands that come through and play small clubs sometimes...

Motorhead
The Supersuckers
Reverend Horton Heat
Corb Lund
Reuniting the Smalls!!!!!!!
Sam Roberts

Any of these options would be better than 3 DAys Grace, would't they?
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)