Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Arrested Development
#16

George Bush Doesn't Care About Black Puppets

"She was a great listener; most prostitutes are."

"You only have to say intercourse."

"There you are coming out of your mother's third base."

"The real Sadam has scar on forehead. I'm no scar! I'm no scar... dotcom"

Go and download the shows from the torrent sites to hold you over until the dvd comes out -- they're even funnier the second time around.

Farewell, to funniest show on television

Pat
Reply
#17

I'm not sure if this is old news, but after all the rumours that had AD being picked up by Showtime, or ABC, or even being reignited by Fox, I read the most crushing article today.

I don't mean crushing in the 'my spirits have been bruised' sense; honestly...crushing. What a damn shame this show didn't make it, and it appears it never will after Mitch Hurwitz has left the show for good...

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1178690_3_0_,00.html">http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1178690_3_0_,00.html</a><!-- m -->

I guess one can hope for its revival...
Reply
#18

I feel the same way, but I can see why he did that too. The show ended on such a perfect note, it would be a shame to see them drag it on for years after it's gone cold (see "the Simpsons")
Reply
#19

AD was indeed Hurwitz's brainchild and I sincerely hope the show does not continue without him. What a fantastic show. It will certainly maintain a cult following - especially if the show stops now (as it should). Season 3 comes out in June.

Jeff

June 21, 2003 Toronto, ON: SkyDome
July 1, 2004 Toronto, ON: Molson Amphitheatre
November 26, 2004 Toronto, ON: Air Canada Centre
June 24, 2006 Toronto, ON: Historic Fort York
May 10, 2007 Indianapolis, IN: The Vogue
July 14, 2011 Edmonton, AB: Northlands Festival Site
June 30, 2012 Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON: The Commons at Butler's Barracks
January 23, 2013 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
July 28, 2016 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
Reply
#20

Wow am I behind the times. A friend of mine lent me season one probably six months ago and kept telling me I had to watch it. I finally decided to take them with me during a business trip and ended up watching the entire season in about three nights.

This show is absolutely hilarious, I can't believe I never watched it while it was on t.v.? What a shame it was canceled. But it goes to show you the state of tv these days, a great show like this is canceled yet crap like The Bachelor 25 (or whatever) stays on the air.........

But I guess on a bright note, I have season 2 & 3 to still watch!!!! :thumb:
Reply
#21

Definitely one of the best shows in the last few years, well worth the DVD purchase for all three seasons. CBC is also airing the reruns daily I believe so you can still see it on TV too.
Reply
#22

Cochise,

IMO, season two was when the show came completely into its own. Season 2 is priceless. It's still a regular in the old DVD player.

Jeff

June 21, 2003 Toronto, ON: SkyDome
July 1, 2004 Toronto, ON: Molson Amphitheatre
November 26, 2004 Toronto, ON: Air Canada Centre
June 24, 2006 Toronto, ON: Historic Fort York
May 10, 2007 Indianapolis, IN: The Vogue
July 14, 2011 Edmonton, AB: Northlands Festival Site
June 30, 2012 Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON: The Commons at Butler's Barracks
January 23, 2013 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
July 28, 2016 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)