Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

The Hip and Baby Names.............
#16

Summiteer Wrote:-> Mystique,1-30-04 -->When the MYSTIQUE varies thus, you can send the woman to marry us....

i hate to be the one to do it...but the line is

When the mystique varies thus
You can send a man to bury us

:wink:
Reply
#17

The only Hip-related name I would agree to would be Grace. I love this name with or without the Hip relation. Sorry gibby but I'm siding with your wife....I wouldn't agree to Gord either. Hm, how about Geordie (Jordy?)?

Sarah
I was there
Reply
#18

I totally want to name my first born son Gordon Oliver which you might say that's an odd middle name but when your last name starts with D then you put that together and the initials are G.O.D. which brings new meaning to Gord is Lord. And as far as girls...the soon to be wife wants to name a girl Clara and I have suggested the name cordelia to which she isn't opposed to but doesn't really know why I like the name...she hasn't put two and two together...lets just hope that if the hip play Cordelia tomorrow at Harro East that she isn't paying too close attention. LOL
Reply
#19

day_for_night Wrote:
Summiteer Wrote:-> Mystique,1-30-04 -->When the MYSTIQUE varies thus, you can send the woman to marry us....

i hate to be the one to do it...but the line is

When the mystique varies thus
You can send a man to bury us

:wink:

:lol: I know, It's from a live version of said song....

I will not give up. My face is set,my gait is fast,my goal is heaven,my road is narrow,my way is rough,my companions are few,my guide is reliable,my mission is clear. I cannot be bought,compromised,detoured,lured away,turned back,diluted or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,hesitate in the presence of adversity,negotiate at the table of the enemy,ponder at the pool of popularity,or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I will not give up,shut up or slow down....Blessed Be!
Reply
#20

I would name my son Gord...I like it! Smile

I say you sign the birth registry while she is still hopped up on meds... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Reply
#21

I like how you work Audra. Although the wrath that one would face by naming a child something other than that which has been approved could prove deadly. Or at least result in divorce.
Reply
#22

I have two middle names because my parents couldn't decide on anything.

First name is something both you and your partner agree on.
1st middle name is yours.
2nd middle name is hers.

You can always use your choice of middle name as a nickname for the kid.
Reply
#23

True story...my brother played cpllege hockey with a kid who had the nickname J.P. yet his first name didn't start with a J and his middle didn't start with a P. So when my brother asked him why he was called J.P. the kid simply laughed. It seems his father was named after the kids grandfather and the grandfather had insisted that J.P. be named after him as well and be a III. The father so despised the name that he told his father he would name his son ANYTHING but that. So on his original birth certificate the child was named Just Plain after a race horse at the time. And so his father called him J.P. for the rest of his life pretty much and so did everyone else...except the grandfather of course.
Reply
#24

I have a daughter whose middle name is Grace.

I have another daughter whose middle name is Summer (born first day of Summer 2006).

I lobbied hard and long for that second daughter to be named Josephine, to no avail. We finally settled on the similar-sounding Jocelyn, and we generally address her as Josie - which could have just as easily been a nickname for Josephine, which makes me wonder why we couldn't have just named her Josephine anyway. But I digress.

I also have a son whose middle name is Isaiah. No Hip connection, just thought I'd complete the listing of the lineup.

Now if the Hip put out an album that has a song with the word "Isaiah" in it, that would be fine by me.
Reply
#25

ahhhh....fine recomendations. i'll hide in the bushes with Gordon but Cordelia and Grace are good ones for girls. she'll catch on to Cordelia but Grace will go undetected. i also love NASCAR and threw out Dale but she scoffed at that one too. we're agreeing on girls names but boys are'nt meshing at all. i have seven months to win the battle. but as long as everyone comes out healthy thats my main concern. Thanks for the help Hipbasers!!
Reply
#26

maybe you could try MacBeth since it's in cordelia, although it's not the best sounding name imo.
Try telling her that cordelia or MacBeth are references to shakespear and not mention the hip?
Reply
#27

Also if anyone has/will have a african-canadian kid you could name him/her Dark Canuck.
Reply
#28

Daryl24 Wrote:Also if anyone has/will have a african-canadian kid you couldname him/her Dark Canuck.

Voted best post of the week :thumb:
Reply
#29

[Napoleon Dynamite voice] Yessss :thumb:
Reply
#30

skippy the wonder dog Wrote:
opiated Wrote:i wanna name my firstborn Megatron... Tongue

I have a sense that when Fiona Apple learns that, the wedding's off. Smile

Don't tell her!!!!
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)