Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

The Hip and Baby Names.............
#1

Last year at this time i was preparing for my wedding and wrote some topics on how The Hip was the common thread that brought my wife and i together. After the wedding i posted how Hip tunes dominated the reception. All was Hip. Now the news comes down that a little "Gibbytime39" is expected in about 7 months. So the first boy name i throw out there is "Gord." i cited how it seemed a natural progression and was only fitting. well, this was thrown out the window without even a maybe or we'll see. to top it all off when i brought up the topic of seeing The Hip in Chicago i was greeted with a cold stare. is the honeymoon over or am i way off base with the suggestion of Gordon for a name??
i think Gord Gibson would be a cool name. Confusedcratch: Confusedcratch:
Reply
#2

It's an excellent handle and I think your wife should re-consider.
Reply
#3

Our 2nd is due in less than three weeks and early indications are that it's a she.....so I've been pushing hard for Cordelia Josephine. I imagine the stares I'm getting are even colder than the ones you are getting.
Reply
#4

My oldest son is Alex, as in Lifeson/and Mogilny(it was '89 mind you) . Lucky its the only name we agreed on for a boy (that and I pushed real hard for it, not mentioning why I wanted it)
Reply
#5

Come on guys...be original and/or unique.
Reply
#6

Billy Wrote:Come on guys...be original and/or unique.

PAUL???
Reply
#7

Didn't Rob name his son Boris?
Or am I completely insane?

2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Reply
#8

sean.bonner Wrote:Didn't Rob name his son Boris?
Or am I completely insane?

Yes to both. Tongue
Reply
#9

I think there's a thread on this somewhere, anywho, here's my rundown:

-> Matreaca,4-16-91.not named after a Hip song,but after country singer Matreaca Berg.

-> Storm,3-29-97 named after the entire TATH cd, there was a boatload of Storms the year that cd came out and was prawly concieved during one,and that gorgeous pic inside was all the ammo I needed,my ma hated it but whatever,we loved it.

-> Century,6-22-99, named after the song.

-> Mystique,1-30-04 -->When the MYSTIQUE varies thus, you can send the woman to marry us....

I will not give up. My face is set,my gait is fast,my goal is heaven,my road is narrow,my way is rough,my companions are few,my guide is reliable,my mission is clear. I cannot be bought,compromised,detoured,lured away,turned back,diluted or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,hesitate in the presence of adversity,negotiate at the table of the enemy,ponder at the pool of popularity,or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I will not give up,shut up or slow down....Blessed Be!
Reply
#10

I wasn't able to convince the wife to use the name I wanted as a first name but she was ok with using it as a second name, maybe you could see if she would be willing to accept it as a middle name. For the record my daughters name is Imogen Marley
Reply
#11

i wanna name my firstborn Megatron... Tongue
Reply
#12

i have a 6 yr old australian shep. named Kingston........
Reply
#13

opiated Wrote:i wanna name my firstborn Megatron... Tongue

I have a sense that when Fiona Apple learns that, the wedding's off. Smile
Reply
#14

opiated Wrote:i wanna name my firstborn Megatron... Tongue


LOL......... :lol: .....that's funny
Reply
#15

I'm gonna have me 3 children.

Apple, Zippo and Metronome.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)