Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Can anyone (MAv) confirm a secret show tonight for Mess
#16

I doubt anyone will get in that is not invited. My source also said some big names were flying in for this such as Tom Cruise, Mathew McConaughey and other people like that.....so i think it will be extremely tough.

I had to phone my brother in law and take back the glue comment.
Reply
#17

If noone can get in, I'm sure MAv will supply us with some SOTDs from this in the future, hopefully.

2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Reply
#18

thedarkcanuck Wrote:i heard a rumour awhile back that they are playing a private show in edmonton on messiers retirement night

call me dr. insider Tongue

7/17/95-Craven
11/18/96-Saskatoon
7/21/97-Saskatoon
9/16/00-Winnipeg
11/24/00-Red Deer
07/14/02-Camrose
9/26/02-Edmonton
9/27/02-Edmonton
8/1/03-Kelowna
6/22/04-Edmonton
11/17/04-Edmonton
11/20/04-Saskatoon
10/28/06-Calgary
1/19/07-Regina
7/18/07-Saskatoon
6/22/08-Calgary
8/4/09-Saskatoon
9/14/09-Edmonton
9/19/09-Banff
7/14/11-Edmonton
1/23/13-Edmonton
7/6/13-Saskatoon
10/10/15-Houston
7/28/16-Edmonton
7/30/16-Edmonton
8/01/16-Calgary
Reply
#19

MAverick Wrote:
prairieman Wrote:anythoughts?

I can't confirm or deny this until tomorrow, by which time it won't matter.

MAv.

How sweet is that! I have always wanted to be able to say that. :thumb:
Reply
#20

ya its true...a friend is working it, and is not gonna have to do fuck all (there is 1 staff member for every 3 guests). i have a feeling he is just gonna sit there and watch the entire hip set. bastard.
Reply
#21

Wow! This sounds cool. I look forward to hearing reviews/recordings from anyone who gets in! :thumb:
Reply
#22

Sooooooooooo anything happen
Reply
#23

Mav time to confirm !!!!!!!
Reply
#24

so i didnt try and sneak in. but i did meet the guys at the game they were up in a luxury box near section 220 with glen sather and paul coffey.

j
Reply
#25

That is freaking awesome...any word on the setlist and who all was there. Anyone who was there is lucky as all hell.
Reply
#26

I would have gladly sacrificed both nuts to have been there last night! I wonder if tth from Sherwood Park had a good time, hopefully he will give us a report.
Reply
#27

I'm EXTREMELY JEALOUS! Gordie and Messier all at the same time! Why don't I live in Edmonton!?!? Confusedcratch:
Reply
#28

Audra Wrote:I'm EXTREMELY JEALOUS! Gordie and Messier all at the same time! Why don't I live in Edmonton!?!? Confusedcratch:

Because it's Edmonton :wink:


Just kidding!!!
Reply
#29

I guess this wasn't such a well-kept secret after all. Found this online -- published more than two weeks ago in the Edmonton Sun:

GOD COMES AMONG US
"Then there's the hanging of No. 11's banner in Rexall Place that night, followed by a private party downtown with the Tragically Hip."
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Columnists/Hicks_Graham/2007/02/11/pf-3586738.html">http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Columni ... 86738.html</a><!-- m -->

I'm assuming the headline refers to Messier, and not Downie.

Hoping anyone who went shakes off their hangover soon and gives us a setlist and some stories...
Reply
#30

Audra Wrote:I'm EXTREMELY JEALOUS! Gordie and Messier all at the same time! Why don't I live in Edmonton!?!? Confusedcratch:


HAHAHAHAHAH

I dont think anyone has ever asked that question
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)