Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

2018 Junos
#31

Joe Wrote:I think my fave is Gord's Final Form in the Canadian tuxedo. Love his denim jacket with the First Avenue hat or brimmed hat!

My last two shows, the Secret Path concerts at Roy Thompson Hall and in Halifax, were also Gord's last two shows and it's the outfit from these that sticks with me. I never liked the First Avenue hat on him (it always looked too big), but the brimmed hats were beautiful. He toned the hats down from the MMP tour and the look perfectly matched the more sombre atmosphere at those shows.
Reply
#32

I recall reading that the MMP outfit was planned in the fall of 2015 before the cancer diagnosis. If so, and had he never developed cancer, it would have be quite interesting to see the reaction to the metallic suits on the Dougie Stardust tour.
Reply
#33

hurls15 Wrote:It's interesting to hear what image of Gord comes into people's heads first when they close their eyes and use their mind's eye. For me, it's the shaggy haired Gord wearing his 'Save the Humans' shirt while stalking the stage. His (and the band's) performances of that era were incredible and unforgettable.

I see him in the FC tour white pants, shirt and cowboy hat !
Reply
#34

tonyd Wrote:
hurls15 Wrote:It's interesting to hear what image of Gord comes into people's heads first when they close their eyes and use their mind's eye. For me, it's the shaggy haired Gord wearing his 'Save the Humans' shirt while stalking the stage. His (and the band's) performances of that era were incredible and unforgettable.

I see him in the FC tour white pants, shirt and cowboy hat !

Mine would be the green shirt. That shirt made it into a lot of shows. Several tours and solo shows as well. Shaggy hair Gord is pretty iconic as well.
Reply
#35

The Juno tribute caught me off guard. Simply wonderful. Nothing I would have done differently. Perfect. BNL needs to make that reunion permanent. A band like the Hip would probably give absolutely anything to play more shows together... it's time to bury the squabbling and bring BNL back to the powerhouse it once was..... I love Ed and the guys but it just isn't BNL without Page's voice....
Reply
#36

spottrax Wrote:The Juno tribute caught me off guard. Simply wonderful. Nothing I would have done differently. Perfect. BNL needs to make that reunion permanent. A band like the Hip would probably give absolutely anything to play more shows together... it's time to bury the squabbling and bring BNL back to the powerhouse it once was..... I love Ed and the guys but it just isn't BNL without Page's voice....

I saw them most recently last fall at the Confederation Centre in Charlottetown and it was the most entertaining concert I've been to in a while. But for as good (and hilarious) as it was, you can still feel the absence of Steven. Hopefully the Junos end up being just the beginning of a new chapter for them.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)