Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Nickelback
#31

Quote:would you rather liste to say...the backstreet boys? (shudders)

I'd rather listen to Joel Plaskett, me.
Or Matt Mays.
Blue Rodeo.
Sam Roberts.
The Novaks.
Johnny Cash.
Marty Robbins.
Ian Tyson...

It's not exactly a Nickelback-or-the-Apocalypse choice, is what I'm trying to say. If Chad et al disappeared tomorrow, there would still be plenty of music around I wanted to listen to. (In fact, there would be exactly the same amount of music around I wanted to listen to, since I don't listen to Nickelback. Who once toured with the Trews. Which may be what happened to them...)
Reply
#32

Here we go again....... I dislike Nickleback just as much as the next guy, however, millions don't.

Nickleback may not be YOUR cup of tea, but that's just it. It doesn't mean they "suck" or they are "shite". What "sucks" to one person is gold to another.

I'm sure there are people out there who say the Hip "suck" too. It's all about the relativatiy and what frequency your brain is tuned into.......

Come on, people like Yanni for crying out loud!

I don't like either yanni or Nickleback, but I'm willing to give them to whoever does like them......
Reply
#33

All right everybody enough pussy footin around. Nickelback is pure shit. Chad is shit, the wriiting is shit, the videos are shit, the concerts are shit surrounded in flames and anybody who actually buys their CD's is treading on the shitledge.
Reply
#34

Douglas Wrote:All right everybody enough pussy footin around. Nickelback is pure shit. Chad is shit, the wriiting is shit, the videos are shit, the concerts are shit surrounded in flames and anybody who actually buys their CD's is treading on the shitledge.
Hey Lahey... I realize you're upset about Randy dumping you, but that's no reason to rag on Nickleback!
Reply
#35

Was hoping someone would pick up on that. That was one funny episode.
Reply
#36

sighs.....
Reply
#37

Gangrel Wrote:Here we go again....... I dislike Nickleback just as much as the next guy, however, millions don't.

Nickleback may not be YOUR cup of tea, but that's just it. It doesn't mean they "suck" or they are "shite". What "sucks" to one person is gold to another.

I'm sure there are people out there who say the Hip "suck" too. It's all about the relativatiy and what frequency your brain is tuned into.......

Come on, people like Yanni for crying out loud!

I don't like either yanni or Nickleback, but I'm willing to give them to whoever does like them......


"Dido"..... Nobody Pull A Wendy, Lets All Calm Down...Lmfao
Reply
#38

Sorry. Any chance to throw a Trailer Park Boys reference in must be taken.
Reply
#39

Right on cue, we get the "eye of the beholder" argument. The problem with this argument is that not even the people who make it actually believe it, except while they're making it.

In the red corner, weighing in at 185 original and inimitable pounds, Slaughterhouse Five. In the blue corner, weighing in at 16 ounces of mass-produced formula, Harlequin Romance 3131: A Suitable Match.

I'm offering 999:1 on A Suitable Match. Any takers?

Sorry, but some value judgments are legitimate. Some things actually do suck.
Reply
#40

i didnt think this was still a debate.... anyways....
Reply
#41

does pilate fit in the same group...???
Reply
#42

brown_eyed_girl Wrote:does pilate fit in the same group...???

The guy who killed Jesus or the yoga thing?

(Bad Corner Gas reference)

Jeff

June 21, 2003 Toronto, ON: SkyDome
July 1, 2004 Toronto, ON: Molson Amphitheatre
November 26, 2004 Toronto, ON: Air Canada Centre
June 24, 2006 Toronto, ON: Historic Fort York
May 10, 2007 Indianapolis, IN: The Vogue
July 14, 2011 Edmonton, AB: Northlands Festival Site
June 30, 2012 Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON: The Commons at Butler's Barracks
January 23, 2013 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
July 28, 2016 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
Reply
#43

fingernailsonhull Wrote:
brown_eyed_girl Wrote:does pilate fit in the same group...???

The guy who killed Jesus or the yoga thing?

(Bad Corner Gas reference)
There's no such thing as a bad Corner Gas reference.
Reply
#44

chris Wrote:
fingernailsonhull Wrote:
brown_eyed_girl Wrote:does pilate fit in the same group...???

The guy who killed Jesus or the yoga thing?

(Bad Corner Gas reference)
There's no such thing as a bad Corner Gas reference.


Ohhhh Yes There is...Do People Really Watch that show?????
Reply
#45

brown_eyed_girl Wrote:
chris Wrote:
fingernailsonhull Wrote:
brown_eyed_girl Wrote:does pilate fit in the same group...???

The guy who killed Jesus or the yoga thing?

(Bad Corner Gas reference)
There's no such thing as a bad Corner Gas reference.


Ohhhh Yes There is...Do People Really Watch that show?????
Just because you don't like it or watch it....

Corner Gas has one of the largest regular audiences of any show on Canadian TV.

And a little known band of five guys from Kingston even did a cameo on it last season.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)