Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Oscar nominations announced
#16

direwolf74 Wrote:Contrived and trite? You've gotta be kidding me. Carradine's superhero speech near the end of the film is worth a nomination just by itself.

Well, maybe "trite" was a bad choice of words (but I'm sticking with "contrived")...that's why I said "at times". Best Screenplay Oscars aren't awarded on the merit of a poignant monologue or two, and there were points in Kill Bill 2 (both Kill Bill flicks, actually) that the dialogue (in my opinion) came off as artificial and melodramatic.....as if QT was under the assumption that the script itself was more epic and literary than it could ever truly be. It's something that has always rubbed me the wrong way about all QT films, and it only gets worse as he gains favor, respect, and popularity.

Just my two cents....certainly do not wish to offend.....
Reply
#17

skippy the wonder dog Wrote:Michael Moore could not be nominated. The timing of Farenheit 9/11's release to DVD disqualified it, based on the Academy's rules. He knew that, but released it anyway.

Any article I've read doesn't support that claim. Moore could not be nominated for Best documentery because it was realeased for Pay-Per-View TV prior to 2005 BUT could have and should have for best picture.
Reply
#18

patiodweller Wrote:
skippy the wonder dog Wrote:Michael Moore could not be nominated. The timing of Farenheit 9/11's release to DVD disqualified it, based on the Academy's rules. He knew that, but released it anyway.

Any article I've read doesn't support that claim. Moore could not be nominated for Best documentery because it was realeased for Pay-Per-View TV prior to 2005 BUT could have and should have for best picture.

I've given my opinion on this flick before, but I'll just add that f9/11 wasn't a documentary, Ken Burns does documentaries, Moore makes movies, big difference.

I'd rather go shark hunting using my manhood for bait than praise Bush, but this flick was unfair and poorly presented. It just wasn't that good, it plain and simple didn't deserve to be nominated IMO.
Reply
#19

I agree about Fahrenheit, it said just what I wanted to hear but like the Passion , people confused virtuous subject matter with the movie's actual virtues. Both stunk and I was embarassed MM became the spokesman for the left just as I was embarassed that freak Mel Gibson got to broadcast his ridiculous views in promo interviews. Both men do a great disservice to people of faith - whether political or religious.
Reply
#20

I lost all respect for the Oscars when Saving Private Ryan lost Best Picture to Shakespeare in Love....sweet merciful crap!!!

We have no one to blame but the Stonecutters for these attrocities..."Who rigs every Oscar night... WE DO WE DO"

Goulet!!!
Reply
#21

robert goulet Wrote:I lost all respect for the Oscars when Saving Private Ryan lost Best Picture to Shakespeare in Love....sweet merciful crap!!!


OHHHH I WAS SO PISSED TOO!!! SPR was a life changing movie for me and one of Spielberg's BEST!
Reply
#22

robert goulet Wrote:We have no one to blame but the Stonecutters for these attrocities..."Who rigs every Oscar night...

...and for that damn Steve Guttenberg.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)