11-25-2004, 04:21 PM
Best band you never heard of......
11-26-2004, 10:39 AM
Ahhh excellent, some recognition for Fred and Willie P! Fred is definitely from Southern Ontario and now lives in Pt. Dover when he's not on the road. Willie's from Peterborough.
I think you can catch them tonight and tomorrow night at Hugh's room in T.O. They are amazing live.
I think you can catch them tonight and tomorrow night at Hugh's room in T.O. They are amazing live.
11-26-2004, 11:22 AM
HipTrip Wrote:Ahhh excellent, some recognition for Fred and Willie P! Fred is definitely from Southern Ontario and now lives in Pt. Dover when he's not on the road. Willie's from Peterborough.
I think you can catch them tonight and tomorrow night at Hugh's room in T.O. They are amazing live.
I saw Fred Eaglesmith once at a folk festival in northern Saskatchewan and thought he was so boring, I left about half way through.
11-26-2004, 11:26 AM
too bad for you bud.
11-26-2004, 11:46 AM
I've just discovered an artist named Elliot Smith...I know he's somewhat popular after the Good Will Hunting fame and the Oscar nomination, but I had never heard of him until last week....he's good stuff....too bad he's dead though!!!
Put a knife in his own chest...after you listen to a few of his songs, you'd start to understand why, someone hurt that dude bad!! Try "King's Crossing" it's a great song.
Goulet!!!
Put a knife in his own chest...after you listen to a few of his songs, you'd start to understand why, someone hurt that dude bad!! Try "King's Crossing" it's a great song.
Goulet!!!
11-26-2004, 12:36 PM
HipTrip Wrote:too bad for you bud.
It was reminicsent of Billy Bragg, another person who I can't quite grasp.
11-26-2004, 06:39 PM
Both of them remind me of Steve Earle. Except for Copperhead Road, which is a great catchy folk-rocker, I've never understood his appeal. I have heard two or three of his albums at the insistence of friends, and he just puts me to sleep. I really don't think he's a good songwriter. I saw him live at a music festival and he was an absolute asshole, too.
11-26-2004, 09:56 PM
robert goulet Wrote:I've just discovered an artist named Elliot Smith...I know he's somewhat popular after the Good Will Hunting fame and the Oscar nomination, but I had never heard of him until last week....he's good stuff....too bad he's dead though!!!
Put a knife in his own chest...after you listen to a few of his songs, you'd start to understand why, someone hurt that dude bad!! Try "King's Crossing" it's a great song.
Goulet!!!
He was also featured on the Royal Tennenbaums soundtrack with "needle in the hay", totally great for depressing music, i can't say how many times i've listened to his album XO totally worth seeking out. :thumb:
11-26-2004, 10:23 PM
grooveless touque Wrote:Both of them remind me of Steve Earle. Except for Copperhead Road, which is a great catchy folk-rocker, I've never understood his appeal. I have heard two or three of his albums at the insistence of friends, and he just puts me to sleep. I really don't think he's a good songwriter. I saw him live at a music festival and he was an absolute asshole, too.
Steve Earle is an ok songwriter, I have his Shut Up and Die Like An Aviator live cd, which is excellent, and Trandescental Blues, which is very good. His latest stuff is chock full of polemic political stuff, which in my mind distracts from his other songs.
12-04-2004, 03:11 PM
although they are starting to get a bit of attention, mostly in the form of a lot of good reviews, the arcade fire are simply amazing. i just got a copy of the album last week and have been listening to it quite a lot. definitely check them out. i wonder how long it will be until they open for the hip? :thumb:
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

