Posts: 113
Threads: 1
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
As a career Blue Jays fan (hard as that's been lately), I have to say ... way to go, Sox!
I don't think I've ever seen a team with the kind of grit they've shown over the last four nights. It's not every year a baseball team does something unprecedented, but the ALCS Comeback of '04 is one for the history books. It was particularly gratifying that the Yanks pulled Olerud so Sierra could make the final out -- I still have a soft spot for old Johnny O, and was glad that fate didn't befall him.
After this series, the actual World Series almost seems like an afterthought. But sure, bring on the Astros. Or the Cards. Whichever.
Posts: 344
Threads: 16
Joined: Oct 2003
Reputation:
0
[comic_book_guy] Greatest. Comeback. Ever! [/comic_book_guy]
Posts: 2,255
Threads: 36
Joined: Sep 2002
Reputation:
0
It was great watching the sox win. It was nice to see the Yanks choke 4 in a row. Just shows ya, you cant always buy a winner
Posts: 3,220
Threads: 297
Joined: Mar 2004
Reputation:
0
I picked the Sox in 7, and I picked Johnny Damon to be the guy... but I'll admit, I lost faith when it was 0-3. Didn't think this would be the squad to break history, it really was a where were you moment...
But don't sell the Cardinals short.
The Sox win was made even better by NY TV stars Letterman, Conan, Jon Stewart making jokes about how the Sox MUST have lost (Shows are taped at 4-5pm) and flipping over to those jokes just after the Bo-Sox did it.
Gotta love it, they were owed.
Swat this one away A-Rod.
Posts: 1,079
Threads: 101
Joined: Apr 2004
Reputation:
0
We're are your daddy! A-fraud, juicefield, gayambi and they rest of those guys should be ashamed. You can't buy heart! The yankees hadn't lost 4 consecutive games to anyone since the 20's.
Posts: 3,777
Threads: 62
Joined: May 2004
Reputation:
0
And, just as I suspected, someone died in the after game celebration. When will fans learn? Oh well, I don't have sympathy for these people. They need to grow up and be civilized. I wouldn't go near New York or Boston in the playoffs for risk of my life. It's quite pathetic actually.
Sorry, just saw the other thread. Hopefully I don't get a tongue lashing like others that I've seen.
Posts: 1,079
Threads: 101
Joined: Apr 2004
Reputation:
0
Oh, I've never said the sox haven't a high payroll, but this is an example of when money can't buy heart, friendship, or courage. Buying players is easy if you have the dough, but this sox team has so much more baggage...so many heart broken tries...the weight of a region on it's shoulders...a hall of fame pitcher who had his ankle stiched together so he could deliver on the promise he made in April...
I was hopin Houston would win last night...the Cardinals scare me.