I don't expect Gord to sing a song exactly like he did back in the day. I just want to hear the Hip play their songs. Like I've said previously, what I want in life and what I get in life are two different things.
I am just thankful to be going to a show and if they don't play NOIS who cares? However, it's ok to wish for things. This is the last time I will comment on this topic.
Posts: 2,211
Threads: 39
Joined: Apr 2004
Reputation:
0
Sorry. I'm commenting on people and expectations in general, not trying to put you down.
Posts: 2,672
Threads: 57
Joined: Sep 2004
Reputation:
0
Enjoy the show thipfan73, you'll understand what all our hype is about!!
Jeff
June 21, 2003 Toronto, ON: SkyDome
July 1, 2004 Toronto, ON: Molson Amphitheatre
November 26, 2004 Toronto, ON: Air Canada Centre
June 24, 2006 Toronto, ON: Historic Fort York
May 10, 2007 Indianapolis, IN: The Vogue
July 14, 2011 Edmonton, AB: Northlands Festival Site
June 30, 2012 Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON: The Commons at Butler's Barracks
January 23, 2013 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
July 28, 2016 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
Posts: 6,675
Threads: 359
Joined: Mar 2004
Reputation:
0
I don't think the song has to go completely, but it would sure be nice if they cut back it's playing time a bit. Instead of doing it at every show like they do now, maybe give it a short rest and pull it out every 2nd or 3rd show. That would certainly keep it a little fresher for the audience as well as the band. Take Pearl Jam for example. They still play their big hits Jeremy and Even Flow, but they alternate them in and out of the set from night to night. Very rarely will you hear a song like Jeremy two gigs in a row.
Posts: 72
Threads: 5
Joined: May 2004
Reputation:
0
put it away for a couple of years.
Posts: 690
Threads: 16
Joined: Aug 2003
Reputation:
0
See "Subject".
The point is moot.
The horse is dead; stop beating it.
Please!
Nuff said.
:nooooo
1995-04-07 Toledo | 1996-06-29 Toledo | 1996-11-23 Detroit | 1998-08-22 Toledo | 1999-02-12 Auburn Hills |
1999-05-05 Grand Rapids | 1999-07-31 Clarkston | 1999-12-31 Toronto | 2000-01-01 Toronto |
2000-06-14 Pontiac | 2000-07-15 Clarkston | 2000-12-02 Detroit | 2002-08-31 Clarkston |
2004-09-18 Detroit | 2007-04-12 Detroit | 2009-05-29 Detroit | 2012-11-28 Detroit | 2016-08-08 London | 2016-08-16 Hamilton
Posts: 892
Threads: 32
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
Doesn't Dylan play 'Like a Rolling Stone' and/or 'All Along the Watchtower' practically every show?
Posts: 2,211
Threads: 39
Joined: Apr 2004
Reputation:
0
Lemme give this dead horse one more whack....
Sure, Dylan replays his old tunes. That wasn't the point. The point was simply that he has always moved ahead rather than flogging the same old horse. I didn't ever suggest that the Hip should never play old stuff, just that we should be careful what we wish for.
We're all agreeing vehemently here, we just don't realize it.
Posts: 690
Threads: 16
Joined: Aug 2003
Reputation:
0
The Horrible Esthete Wrote:...This thread is here and you are FORCED TO READ IT :rambo:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohh - Noooooh!
:lol:
1995-04-07 Toledo | 1996-06-29 Toledo | 1996-11-23 Detroit | 1998-08-22 Toledo | 1999-02-12 Auburn Hills |
1999-05-05 Grand Rapids | 1999-07-31 Clarkston | 1999-12-31 Toronto | 2000-01-01 Toronto |
2000-06-14 Pontiac | 2000-07-15 Clarkston | 2000-12-02 Detroit | 2002-08-31 Clarkston |
2004-09-18 Detroit | 2007-04-12 Detroit | 2009-05-29 Detroit | 2012-11-28 Detroit | 2016-08-08 London | 2016-08-16 Hamilton