Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

World Container Tour Updates

aaronck Wrote:I've seen quite a few shows there, it's a pretty large impersonal room really, with what I see as bad sound. I may also just be bitter because I saw soooo many amazing shows in the old room and loved it for it's dive quality

Agreed. The old Mac Hall Ballroom was great for seeing shows. It was so tiny, and you could always walk right up to the front of the stage without any hassels. I've seen a few shows at the new Mac Hall, and it's just not the same. It's a big cavernous room that feels more like the Max Bell Arena than a cabaret-style concert venue. I've been told that it holds over 1000 people.

As for getting tickets tomorrow, am I the only one who misses the old HipClub pre-sales? The fact that any jackass can register at thehip.com and get into the pre-sale is kind of annoying. In my opinion the old way seemed a lot easier and was much more rewarding for the true fans, especially if you actually bought the album.
Reply

direwolf74 Wrote:As for getting tickets tomorrow, am I the only one who misses the old HipClub pre-sales? The fact that any jackass can register at thehip.com and get into the pre-sale is kind of annoying. In my opinion the old way seemed a lot easier and was much more rewarding for the true fans, especially if you actually bought the album.

Well said :thumb: I couldnt agree with you more, cause it doesnt take much to register.
Reply

I'm undecided as to if I should go for more than one show or not. On one hand, I'd love to see the Hip at every single one, on the other, it costs a hell of a lot of money.
Reply

[quote="direwolf74"]



Agreed. The old Mac Hall Ballroom was great for seeing shows. It was so tiny, and you could always walk right up to the front of the stage without any hassels. I've seen a few shows at the new Mac Hall, and it's just not the same. It's a big cavernous room that feels more like the Max Bell Arena than a cabaret-style concert venue. I've been told that it holds over 1000 people.

There's something about the sound there, I saw the Queens of the Stone Age, and was literally almost in pain from some high pitched sounds coming from the sound system and wrote it off to it being a loud show, then I saw Corb Lund there and ran into the same problem...
Reply

WOW, i mean..WOW..this isn't a "tour". Come on, I mean what the hell??
The past 3 months The Hip have seriously done a 180 on me.

4 nights in 2 places, 60 bucks a pop? The hat, the **meh** reviews at Sasquatch, In View...what's next???
Reply

AndGraceToo Wrote:WOW, i mean..WOW..this isn't a "tour". Come on, I mean what the hell??
The past 3 months The Hip have seriously done a 180 on me.

4 nights in 2 places, 60 bucks a pop? The hat, the **meh** reviews at Sasquatch, In View...what's next???

perhaps a full tour like every other album of the past 16-17ish years.
Reply

AndGraceToo Wrote:WOW, i mean..WOW..this isn't a "tour". Come on, I mean what the hell??
The past 3 months The Hip have seriously done a 180 on me.

4 nights in 2 places, 60 bucks a pop? The hat, the **meh** reviews at Sasquatch, In View...what's next???

Bob Rock :lol:

2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Reply

That's what frustrated me, regarding the tour. I went to the website today expecting "exciting information" about a tour and got news about a few shows in Ontario, Quebec, and Alberta. Where are the tour dates? Are they ever going to have an idea on cross Canada tour dates? I still love the Hip but I'd like to be in the loop a little better. Delays in pretty much every aspect of The Hip's music news is frustrating.
Reply

Something ain't right..
Reply

tigerthelion Wrote:That's what frustrated me, regarding the tour. I went to the website today expecting "exciting information" about a tour and got news about a few shows in Ontario, Quebec, and Alberta. Where are the tour dates? Are they ever going to have an idea on cross Canada tour dates? I still love the Hip but I'd like to be in the loop a little better. Delays in pretty much every aspect of The Hip's music news is frustrating.

I can't imagine you could be in the loop much more then we are without having MAv's job. And I know you want it, but I don't think he is giving it up anytime soon!

Patience is a virtue my friend!
I am sure full fledged tour news will be on it's way!
Reply

Shit!

The one place on this small tour leg I could possibly see them, it's 19+!

Sad
Reply

Maybe they shouldn't have used the word tour.
Reply

Man-Sized Eldorado Wrote:
tigerthelion Wrote:That's what frustrated me, regarding the tour. I went to the website today expecting "exciting information" about a tour and got news about a few shows in Ontario, Quebec, and Alberta. Where are the tour dates? Are they ever going to have an idea on cross Canada tour dates? I still love the Hip but I'd like to be in the loop a little better. Delays in pretty much every aspect of The Hip's music news is frustrating.

I can't imagine you could be in the loop much more then we are without having MAv's job. And I know you want it, but I don't think he is giving it up anytime soon!

Patience is a virtue my friend!
I am sure full fledged tour news will be on it's way!

Yes, I agree but it's not MAv I have a problem with, it's THE HIP. I know they have families and can accept that but everything has been delayed. They finally released a DVD after saying it was in the works since about 1997. They still haven't announced Canadian cross country tour dates and it's the end of September. Their album was being recorded in January and we have to wait until the middle of October for it. My patience for these delays is running out. Not that I matter that much. I'm just a single fan but still, I have a right to be frustrated.
Reply

Maybe they should just not tour at all? Perhaps MAv and The Hip should cut us off completely? It seems that once we were given a little more insight and advanced notice of what's to come, we started wanting even more, and stopped being thankful for what we get. Sure, it's good business to be accessible but it's not a necessity. I like it the way it is.
And playing a small venue multiple nights in four of the largest markets in the country is also good business... making lots of fans happy in the process.
Reply

chris Wrote:Maybe they should just not tour at all? Perhaps MAv and The Hip should cut us off completely? It seems that once we were given a little more insight and advanced notice of what's to come, we started wanting even more, and stopped being thankful for what we get. Sure, it's good business to be accessible but it's not a necessity. I like it the way it is.
And playing a small venue multiple nights in four of the largest markets in the country is also good business... making lots of fans happy in the process.

Lots of fans happy? I wouldn't use the word "lots" but I understand what you're saying. They haven't cut off their fans, they just take forever to tour and get their cd out. Neil Young recorded a cd, mixed it, and had it out to the public in about three weeks.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)