Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Saddam captured!!!
#16

I think the U.S. should kill him. After all the hell he has put people through. He needs to die a slow painful death that's for sure. :twisted:
Hopefully now there won't be as many soliders dying. Regardless the world is a MUCH better place without that sicko on the loose.
:lol:
Reply
#17

HIPpyLettuce Wrote:Hmm, sitting here writing this and I had an idea, we give him an old fashioned labotomy and then give him back to Iraq! Then his followers have the cherished ex-leader thus eliminating the two problems I mentioned above.

If only it were that easy!

I like this idea the best :thumb:
Reply
#18

AmbitionlessHipster Wrote:I just despise how the television stations are showing the "celebrations" in Iraq... it is so selected, and so much of the video looks as though it was from the 80's. And in one shot, I saw the people waving Soviet Union flags... Confusedcratch:
soooooo.... it is just too hard to believe that "everyone is celebrating".... grrr :x I hate the news.

Not only that, the media really reinforces the ethnocentric (and very propagandistic) idea that the Middle East is "uncivilised" because they keep on showing us celebrations which include guns... shame, because that tends to shape peoples' views.

I agree Lesley , the way Iraqi's are portrayed is that of an unsavory light , I think this makes the victims seem less sympathetic , while complete Villany of the Dictator makes the action of invasion more acceptable . If one was to accept the media's production of the image of Iraqi's , scenes of people in the street shooting guns , chanting religious slogans or praising the US is very partial and a skewed view . I have seen virtually no interviews with Iraqi civillians , or showing day to day life of the average Iraqi , we are always fed the image of primal acts, dehumanizing Iraqi's .This reinforces that they are not the same as us , less civilized - therefore less important , and that they should just be happy that the monster Saddam is gone . The way Media/TV/Newsprint put together reports to support a view is often flawed . Manipulated to enforce a view , bias or agenda . I flicked on TV for about 10 minutes tonight and ended up on A@E .They were profiling Saddam Hussein , I only saw 10 minutes of it so I can't critique it like I would , but one clip I can use as an example of manipulation (to reinforce the "Monster" angle to Saddam Hussein). They were showing a clip from when Saddam officially took power in Iraq and was holding a meeting with his cabinet ministers . In this meeting names of ministers who were reported as being part of a plot against Saddam were read , each man was taken away to be executed . A@E showed Saddam laughing as the names were supposedly being read out, A@E stated something to the effect of "how cold and deliberate Saddam was " . If you listen carefully during the clip you could hear his cabinet ministers laughing as well , this clip of Saddam laughing was recorded before the naming of traitors began . I have seen this clip before but more complete , they never showed one of his ministers pleading with him after his name was called , crying and screaming .Saddam was crying himself and wiping tears from his face . Had I not seen this before , i would have taken the "respectable" A@E's account as complete truth . You can argue it doesn't matter, because we all know Saddam is murderer , but the fact is we are unknowingly manipulated all the time by agendas set by the powers that be, for consensus, power or greed... Confusedcratch: :?
Reply
#19

It's great that they caught him and everything, but I hope the U.S. voters don't forget the fact that Bush invaded another country without the U.N.'s approval based on the assertion that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. An assertion that has so far proven to be false.

Sure, the military 'freed' Iraq (or are in the process of doing so), but you still have to ask whether they should have been there in the first place.



(And totalitarian dictatorship aside, that man can grow a FANTASTIC beard can't he?)
Reply
#20

I think the U.S. should kill him. After all the hell he has put people through. He needs to die a slow painful death that's for sure.
Hopefully now there won't be as many soliders dying. Regardless the world is a MUCH better place without that sicko on the loose.

We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools.
-- Martin Luther King Jr.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the same post...Kill him and a quote from Martin Luther King Jr.

Nice
Reply
#21

Gov'tMule Wrote:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the same post...Kill him and a quote from Martin Luther King Jr.

Nice

Oh yeah..your right. Because of my quote, I will change my mind.
What the U.S should do is set him up in a nice penthouse, and just allow him to live his life. Maybe they could even help him start his own business or something. That would be great! :roll:
Reply
#22

Personally, I think the hand wringing in the media about what's going to happen to Saddam is really silly. He deserves a complete and impartial (as possible) trial and the victims of his crimes deserve a chance to confront him with their stories. I don't think he'll give a damm because he behaves like a medieval king of old, confusing whats best for him for what's best for his people. He's not going to show any regret for his actions, but it will be cathartic for the Kurds, Shia and Iranians to shove their proof in his face and humiliate him. Maybe they'll execute him in Arabic fashion, bring in a mullah to give him last rites and then cut off his head. Turning him over to the Iraqi's will show we aren't interested in victor's justice.
Reply
#23

dyersbay Wrote:
Gov'tMule Wrote:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the same post...Kill him and a quote from Martin Luther King Jr.

Nice

Oh yeah..your right. Because of my quote, I will change my mind.
What the U.S should do is set him up in a nice penthouse, and just allow him to live his life. Maybe they could even help him start his own business or something. That would be great! :roll:

Pretty much what Donald Rumsfeld, Ronald Reagan and George the First did 20 years ago.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)