Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

NOIS has got to go.
#76

I dunno about that...I'd shit myself laughing if I ever heard Gord doing to song about pushing away a horny guy who just wants in his pants Tongue

:mrgreen:
Reply
#77

I don't expect Gord to sing a song exactly like he did back in the day. I just want to hear the Hip play their songs. Like I've said previously, what I want in life and what I get in life are two different things.

I am just thankful to be going to a show and if they don't play NOIS who cares? However, it's ok to wish for things. This is the last time I will comment on this topic.
Reply
#78

Sorry. I'm commenting on people and expectations in general, not trying to put you down.
Reply
#79

Enjoy the show thipfan73, you'll understand what all our hype is about!!

Jeff

June 21, 2003 Toronto, ON: SkyDome
July 1, 2004 Toronto, ON: Molson Amphitheatre
November 26, 2004 Toronto, ON: Air Canada Centre
June 24, 2006 Toronto, ON: Historic Fort York
May 10, 2007 Indianapolis, IN: The Vogue
July 14, 2011 Edmonton, AB: Northlands Festival Site
June 30, 2012 Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON: The Commons at Butler's Barracks
January 23, 2013 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
July 28, 2016 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
Reply
#80

I don't think the song has to go completely, but it would sure be nice if they cut back it's playing time a bit. Instead of doing it at every show like they do now, maybe give it a short rest and pull it out every 2nd or 3rd show. That would certainly keep it a little fresher for the audience as well as the band. Take Pearl Jam for example. They still play their big hits Jeremy and Even Flow, but they alternate them in and out of the set from night to night. Very rarely will you hear a song like Jeremy two gigs in a row.
Reply
#81

put it away for a couple of years.
Reply
#82

See "Subject".
The point is moot.
The horse is dead; stop beating it.
Please!
Nuff said.
:nooooo

1995-04-07 Toledo | 1996-06-29 Toledo | 1996-11-23 Detroit | 1998-08-22 Toledo | 1999-02-12 Auburn Hills |
1999-05-05 Grand Rapids | 1999-07-31 Clarkston | 1999-12-31 Toronto | 2000-01-01 Toronto |
2000-06-14 Pontiac | 2000-07-15 Clarkston | 2000-12-02 Detroit | 2002-08-31 Clarkston |
2004-09-18 Detroit | 2007-04-12 Detroit | 2009-05-29 Detroit | 2012-11-28 Detroit | 2016-08-08 London | 2016-08-16 Hamilton
Reply
#83

Doesn't Dylan play 'Like a Rolling Stone' and/or 'All Along the Watchtower' practically every show?
Reply
#84

scottitude Wrote:See "Subject".
The point is moot.
The horse is dead; stop beating it.
Please!
Nuff said.
:nooooo

Apparently, someone must have already told you, scott, but....

This thread is here and you are FORCED TO READ IT :rambo:
Reply
#85

Lemme give this dead horse one more whack....

Sure, Dylan replays his old tunes. That wasn't the point. The point was simply that he has always moved ahead rather than flogging the same old horse. I didn't ever suggest that the Hip should never play old stuff, just that we should be careful what we wish for.

We're all agreeing vehemently here, we just don't realize it.
Reply
#86

Killer Whale Tank Wrote:Doesn't Dylan play 'Like a Rolling Stone' and/or 'All Along the Watchtower' practically every show?

Don't know about Dylan's 'cornerstones', but I'd prefer to see The Hip apply the same treatment to NOIS as Zep did with Stairway - after playing it fifty-thousand times, Pagey got sick of it and Zep all but stopped playing it towards the end of the seventies.....and I admire them for having the stones to stand up and tell fans that this was their choice regarding their music and that true fans should respect their decision....and they pretty much did....
Reply
#87

The Horrible Esthete Wrote:...This thread is here and you are FORCED TO READ IT :rambo:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohh - Noooooh!
:lol:

1995-04-07 Toledo | 1996-06-29 Toledo | 1996-11-23 Detroit | 1998-08-22 Toledo | 1999-02-12 Auburn Hills |
1999-05-05 Grand Rapids | 1999-07-31 Clarkston | 1999-12-31 Toronto | 2000-01-01 Toronto |
2000-06-14 Pontiac | 2000-07-15 Clarkston | 2000-12-02 Detroit | 2002-08-31 Clarkston |
2004-09-18 Detroit | 2007-04-12 Detroit | 2009-05-29 Detroit | 2012-11-28 Detroit | 2016-08-08 London | 2016-08-16 Hamilton
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)