The Horrible Esthete Wrote:Scott, I somewhat understand your trepidation, but that statement's a tad melodramatic, don't you think?
Nope, not at all. It's an absolute unvarnished fact. Anyone who believes there won't be a draft is sorely mistaken.
I have a 21 year old daughter. If she is drafted, she will go; that's who she is. If she goes, she may die, or
worse! It sickens me that she may have to risk her life in pursuit of Bush's delusional dream of world domination.
Of course, you will argue that she
may not die, and you'll be right. But if that's your argument, convince the Bushes and the Cheneys and the Ashcrofts and the Senators and the Representatives to send their children, (like that'll
ever happen...Jenns Bush eating MREs and taking fire in an unarmored HUMVEE...puh-leeze) and I may feel differently. Why should I or my offspring fight a war that will only benefit our self-proclaimed king and his cronies?
He's a total idiot...
come on, he says "nook-yu-ler" for christ's sake! How can
anyone respect such ignorance?
He will (continue to) be the undoing of our once great nation! Now
that's melodrama. :thumb: