Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Post your favorite sport photos of all time..
#46

Certainly not the greatest but this picture is crazy.

I was at this game on the side of the net. It was the 1990 season and the Sabres were playing the Blues. Uwe Krupp rode a Blues forward into the net and his skate lifted into Clint Malarchuk's throat.

I was only 9 at the time....I am surprised my parents still let me play hockey after being at that game with me. The arena was silent and people were just in shock. How he got up and skated off on his own is beyond me.

Sorry if this offends anybody. But I am sure there are a lot of hockey fans who haven't seen this.

[Image: malarchuk.jpg]
Reply
#47

Drez7 Wrote:Certainly not the greatest but this picture is crazy.

I was at this game on the side of the net. It was the 1990 season and the Sabres were playing the Blues. Uwe Krupp rode a Blues forward into the net and his skate lifted into Clint Malarchuk's throat.

I was only 9 at the time....I am surprised my parents still let me play hockey after being at that game with me. The arena was silent and people were just in shock. How he got up and skated off on his own is beyond me.

Sorry if this offends anybody. But I am sure there are a lot of hockey fans who haven't seen this.

Good God! Confusedhock: I remember hearing about that incident, and I knew it was bad... but... damn! Confusedhock:
Reply
#48

didn't somebody actually die who was in the arena from a heart attack? or is my memory playing tricks on me
Reply
#49

opiated Wrote:didn't somebody actually die who was in the arena from a heart attack? or is my memory playing tricks on me

I have heard that but don't know if it is true. One thing I do remember is a ton of people vomiting in the restrooms.

Here is a link to the video:

http://www.consumptionjunction.com/conte...ge=2&fav=0
Reply
#50

I remember seeing that video on TSN years ago, it's really disturbing. Watching live musta been scary as hell, since it looks like Clint is literally bleeding to death in front of you.

He said he was in too much shock to worry, he kept wondering why the ice was so dirty.

Here's another classic:

[Image: 1049.jpg]
Reply
#51

Stephen Dame Wrote:I remember seeing that video on TSN years ago, it's really disturbing. Watching live musta been scary as hell, since it looks like Clint is literally bleeding to death in front of you.

He said he was in too much shock to worry, he kept wondering why the ice was so dirty.

Here's another classic:

[Image: 1049.jpg]

That's a real life Hans Moleman

Goulet!!!
Reply
#52

robert goulet Wrote:That's a real life Hans Moleman

Goulet!!!
LMAO!! :lol:

It is too!! Good one. :thumb:

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply
#53

Greatest moment in sports history..
[Image: 250px-Daniel_Ruettiger_-_1975.jpg]

RUDY RUDY RUDY!

Did anyone else cry when he took the field and sacked the QB??

Or was it just me? Cry

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply
#54

robert goulet Wrote:
Stephen Dame Wrote:I remember seeing that video on TSN years ago, it's really disturbing. Watching live musta been scary as hell, since it looks like Clint is literally bleeding to death in front of you.

He said he was in too much shock to worry, he kept wondering why the ice was so dirty.

Here's another classic:

[Image: 1049.jpg]

That's a real life Hans Moleman

Goulet!!!

Ha! Now that I think about it, you're right.

Also, I wonder how many of us are wearing his underwear right now... I am.
Reply
#55

Pardon my ignorance, who is this guy?

Stephen Dame Wrote:
robert goulet Wrote:
Stephen Dame Wrote:I remember seeing that video on TSN years ago, it's really disturbing. Watching live musta been scary as hell, since it looks like Clint is literally bleeding to death in front of you.

He said he was in too much shock to worry, he kept wondering why the ice was so dirty.

Here's another classic:

[Image: 1049.jpg]

That's a real life Hans Moleman

Goulet!!!

Ha! Now that I think about it, you're right.

Also, I wonder how many of us are wearing his underwear right now... I am.
Reply
#56

It still makes me mad that he was traded...


[Image: vince%20carter%20olympic%20dunk.jpg]
[Image: vince2000006_jpg.jpg]
[Image: carter_baptist.jpg]
So much hops, so much game...[/url]
Reply
#57

theAryanTwang Wrote:Pardon my ignorance, who is this guy?

Robert Stanfield. He was the leader of the Progressive Conservative Party in Canada from 1968 until 1976. Trudeau whipped him in '68 and '74, but he came within (IIRC) 2 seats of becoming PM in 1972.

He made his fortune through the family business: under garments, "Stanfield" underwear is still sold all over the world, and I really am wearing a pair right now. Smile

That picture is sorta the Canadian equivalent to the Nixon-Kennedy debate among a lot of us history/politics nerds. He caught the ball 40 times that day, but his one fumble was the shot that made the papers. It fit the "frame," as they say, of him being an old bumbler, compared to PET's image as a fit and cool man's man.

His numbers dropped in the polls for a lot of reasons, but some folks still argue that just as sweat and shifty eyes sunk Nixon on TV, the newspaper image of the "Stanfield fumble" finished ol' Bob.
Reply
#58

Stephen Dame Wrote:He made his fortune through the family business: under garments, "Stanfield" underwear is still sold all over the world, and I really am wearing a pair right now. Smile

Only slightly more information than I wanted to know.

:oops: Smile

Jeff

June 21, 2003 Toronto, ON: SkyDome
July 1, 2004 Toronto, ON: Molson Amphitheatre
November 26, 2004 Toronto, ON: Air Canada Centre
June 24, 2006 Toronto, ON: Historic Fort York
May 10, 2007 Indianapolis, IN: The Vogue
July 14, 2011 Edmonton, AB: Northlands Festival Site
June 30, 2012 Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON: The Commons at Butler's Barracks
January 23, 2013 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
July 28, 2016 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
Reply
#59

Stephen Dame Wrote:
theAryanTwang Wrote:Pardon my ignorance, who is this guy?

Robert Stanfield. He was the leader of the Progressive Conservative Party in Canada from 1968 until 1976. Trudeau whipped him in '68 and '74, but he came within (IIRC) 2 seats of becoming PM in 1972.

He made his fortune through the family business: under garments, "Stanfield" underwear is still sold all over the world, and I really am wearing a pair right now. Smile

That picture is sorta the Canadian equivalent to the Nixon-Kennedy debate among a lot of us history/politics nerds. He caught the ball 40 times that day, but his one fumble was the shot that made the papers. It fit the "frame," as they say, of him being an old bumbler, compared to PET's image as a fit and cool man's man.

His numbers dropped in the polls for a lot of reasons, but some folks still argue that just as sweat and shifty eyes sunk Nixon on TV, the newspaper image of the "Stanfield fumble" finished ol' Bob.

a name was all I was after, but thanks for the extra info anyway!! Smile
Reply
#60

Not sure how I found this one...

[Image: football.jpg]

I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)