Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Hipbase A-Official Fantasy Hockey 05/06
#46

Congrats Goulet! You win the Ovechkin lottery. :lol:

It was a good weekend for my team I just shot up 6 places, go team!

:thumb:

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply
#47

I'm relatively pleased with my start... solidly in 3rd place, and Spezza has a couple of goals tonight... which is the ONLY good thing I'll say about those dastardly Sens playing Toronto tonight... 5-5 going into OT again, geez are we going to have another shootout? Not sure I can handle it...

Oh well... GO LEAFS GO!! And, GO LION-IZED GO!! :jump :thumb:
Reply
#48

I'm dying on the vine! I've got three guys on the IR already!!!
Reply
#49

chris Wrote:I'm dying on the vine! I've got three guys on the IR already!!!
hey I feel that pain, I got Hejduk and Smyth hurting, hopefully be back soon. But its still early, stick with your big guns, in the end the points will be there.

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply
#50

Here's the updated standings as of today. Drez7 is kicking our asses pretty good. Ive never been in one of these pools before is it even possible to make up this amount of points? (Im Rockets#9 for reference). Unless a team plane crashes or something like that, I dont see how I could catch up.

1 Drez7-268.50
2 give'em hell kid-224.50
3 Goulet's Goon Squad-212.00
4 Hipfans.com-211.50
5 Lion-ized-193.50
6 Redemption Choir-180.00
7 The Rodents-165.00
8 Kempers Daredevil's-156.50
9 The Autodidacts-156.00
10 Rockets#9-151.50
11 Winnipeg Oilers- 149.50
12 Caribou-139.50

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply
#51

My team is firing on all cylinders....McCabe, Forsberg, Liles, Heatley, Zetterberg, Kariya, Vanek, Luongo, Theodore, B. Richards, Lupul, Visnovsky, Straka, Cheechoo, Tarnstrom, Rafalski.

But I doubt this can keep up for a full season. I think there will be a lot of ranking changes over the course of this long season.
Reply
#52

LizardKing51 Wrote:Here's the updated standings as of today. Drez7 is kicking our asses pretty good. Ive never been in one of these pools before is it even possible to make up this amount of points? (Im Rockets#9 for reference). Unless a team plane crashes or something like that, I dont see how I could catch up.
It's easy to catch up... considering that there are still more than 65 games to play. It's amazing how quickly you can pick up points on the leader when you have a good week and they don't/
Reply
#53

chris Wrote:
LizardKing51 Wrote:Here's the updated standings as of today. Drez7 is kicking our asses pretty good. Ive never been in one of these pools before is it even possible to make up this amount of points? (Im Rockets#9 for reference). Unless a team plane crashes or something like that, I dont see how I could catch up.
It's easy to catch up... considering that there are still more than 65 games to play. It's amazing how quickly you can pick up points on the leader when you have a good week and they don't/

As long as there's a glimmer of hope I'll fight until the end!! I've made a few changes, I hope they help. Hedjuk is back for me and Smyth should be good to go soon I hope.

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply
#54

LizardKing51 Wrote:
chris Wrote:
LizardKing51 Wrote:Here's the updated standings as of today. Drez7 is kicking our asses pretty good. Ive never been in one of these pools before is it even possible to make up this amount of points? (Im Rockets#9 for reference). Unless a team plane crashes or something like that, I dont see how I could catch up.
It's easy to catch up... considering that there are still more than 65 games to play. It's amazing how quickly you can pick up points on the leader when you have a good week and they don't/

As long as there's a glimmer of hope I'll fight until the end!! I've made a few changes, I hope they help. Hedjuk is back for me and Smyth should be good to go soon I hope.

Smyth is back. He played on Friday night.
Reply
#55

chris Wrote:
LizardKing51 Wrote:Here's the updated standings as of today. Drez7 is kicking our asses pretty good. Ive never been in one of these pools before is it even possible to make up this amount of points? (Im Rockets#9 for reference). Unless a team plane crashes or something like that, I dont see how I could catch up.
It's easy to catch up... considering that there are still more than 65 games to play. It's amazing how quickly you can pick up points on the leader when you have a good week and they don't/

Yup... just need some of your players to get hot, and have your goalies get a shutout or two, and that should make a big difference.
Reply
#56

Yeah, Luongo starting with back to back shoutouts provided a big cushion to start...others are quickly starting to catch up!
Reply
#57

Anybody ever do one of the player add/drop things, but accidentally drop the wrong player?

Well, I just did it.

I meant to drop Frantisek Kaberle in one of my transactions today, but instead I dropped Jiri Slegr... who has more points than F. Kaberle.

Oops... I hate it when that happens! :oops:

*Nov. 28 Edit* OK, fixed the problem... thanks for not taking advantage of my dumbness! :lol:
Reply
#58

This sucks, I just cant get out of the bottom half of this pool. Alot of my "stars" are having bad seasons and some injuries have did me in, expect a house cleaning if things dont turn around by Jan.

Right now Im open to all trade ideas, if anyone is interested.

There's always next year I guess.. Sad

(great now I sound like a Leafs fan) :lol:

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply
#59

I'm sure things will improve. It is a long season.

What is really helping me are my defensemen...and Tarnstrom returned tonight!

House cleaning is always an option. I have had to let go of a couple players who have dissapointed so far. You hate to let them go but there are too many other "unexpected" players thriving under the new rules.

Who would have thought Kotalik of Buffalo would have this many goals? Or Gionta of NJ.

Personally, I was expecting more from Kariya and Cheechoo for my team. They are on the trade block for sure...

Good luck in the upcoming weeks Lizard (Rockets#9) and everyone else.
Reply
#60

i have satan and murray on block if anyone wants to make an offer could use a good defenseman


Ron
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)