Posts: 5,352
Threads: 277
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
I thought we could use a new thread to start fresh for the upcoming season. And I thought we could post our teams. Here's my team:
Rockets#9
Centre
J.Roenick
S.Koivu
A.McCauley
Wingers
M.Hedjuk
R.Smyth
M.St.Louis
T.Selanne
M.Sturm
A.Kovalev
Defenceman
S.Souray
W.Redden
E.Brewer
B.Stuart
J.Smith
Goalies
N.Khabibulin
D.Aebischer
Good luck guys! :thumb:
Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Posts: 3,175
Threads: 692
Joined: Jun 2002
Reputation:
0
Should be a interesting year
Hipbase "A" - Winnipeg Oilers
C O. Jokinen (Fla - C) 43 - - -
C M. Handzus (Phi - C) 65 - - -
LW I. Kovalchuk (Atl - LW) 7 - - -
LW G. Roberts (Fla - LW) 47 - - -
RW M. Hossa (Atl - RW) 8 - - -
RW B. Guerin (Dal - RW) 20 - - -
D B. Sopel (NYI - D) 148 - - -
D J. Pitkanen (Phi - D) 184 - - -
D J. Leopold (Cgy - D) 209 - - -
D S. Salo (Van - D) 224 - - -
BN J. Nieuwendyk (Fla - C) 84 - - -
BN O. Kvasha (NYI - LW) 96 - - -
BN V. Bure (LA - RW) 110 - - -
G E. Belfour (Tor - G) 24 - - -
G M. Legace (Det - G) 62 - - -
BN M. Prusek (Cls - G) 181
I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
Posts: 1,042
Threads: 52
Joined: Jun 2002
Reputation:
0
Fun draft...I was wondering when a league A thread would begin...well that took all of 5 minutes.
Still can't believe that Crosby was a top 10 pick in this thing...I wonder if he'll live up to the hype.
Here's how it went for me:
Centers:
Peter Forsberg
Brad Richards
Left Wingers:
Paul Kariya
Corey Stillman
Right Wingers:
Dany Heatley
Jonathan Cheechoo
Defensemen:
Brian McCabe
Dick Tarnstrom
Brian Rafalski
John-Michael Liles
Goalies:
Roberto Luongo
Jose Theodore
Reserves:
David Vyborny
Henrik Zetterberg
Ryan Malone
Lubomir Visnovsky
Posts: 5,352
Threads: 277
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
Kovalchuk and Hossa, that should get you some big points Lance, and Drez wow, you got a solid team man, nice work!
*I just decided to drop the 3-goalie system, I needed a back-up centreman bad, so I swapped Osgoode for McCauley-pending..
Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Posts: 1,042
Threads: 52
Joined: Jun 2002
Reputation:
0
I am contemplating allowing each team to add 2 more reserve (bench) positions.
This way it will total 6 backups (at least 1 for each position and 1 extra...C,RW,LW,D,G, extra).
If everyone agrees, I will create these two open slots on Tuesday. Players can be added to the roster at that point.
I should have done this from the start but didn't realize that a couple more reserves could probably help everybody until now.
Let me know
Posts: 242
Threads: 18
Joined: Jul 2003
Reputation:
0
can you use players already on other peoples team
Posts: 1,879
Threads: 16
Joined: Nov 2004
Reputation:
0
Here is the Lion-ized lineup:
C Joe Sakic
C Jason Spezza
LW Shane Doan
LW Erik Cole
RW Marian Gaborik
RW Michael Ryder
D Chris Pronger
D Niklas Lidstrom
D Dan Boyle
D Roman Hamrlik
G Evgeni Nabokov
G John Grahame
BN Steve Yzerman ©
BN Shean Donovan (RW)
BN Jiri Slegr (D)
BN Kari Lehtonen (G)
Some solid looking teams out there, but I feel pretty good about my squad.
Posts: 242
Threads: 18
Joined: Jul 2003
Reputation:
0
is there going to be another league made for all the hipbasers who missed this one
Posts: 8,614
Threads: 451
Joined: Sep 2002
Reputation:
0
C S. Crosby (Pit - C)
C M. Sundin (Tor - C)
LW K. Tkachuk (StL - LW)
LW L. Nagy (Pho - LW)
RW J. Jagr (NYR - RW)
RW Z. Palffy (Pit - RW)
D S. Zubov (Dal - D)
D A. Foote (Cls - D)
D R. Regehr (Cgy - D)
D E. Jovanovski (Van - D)
G J. Thibault (Pit - G)
G C. Joseph (Pho - G)
BN E. Lindros (Tor - C)
BN M. Peca (Edm - C)
BN A. Mogilny (NJ - RW)
BN E. Moreau (Edm - LW)
Posts: 1,172
Threads: 49
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
Goulet's Goon Squad
Goalie
Mikka Kipprusoff
Dominik Hasek
Center
Vincent Lecavalier
Jason Allison
Left Wing
Rick Nash
Simon Gagne
Right Wing
Brett Hull
Tony Amonte
Defence
Brian Leetch
Sean Hill
Matthieu Schneider
Patrice Brisebois
Reserves
Andrew Brunette
Petr Sykora
Marc Savard
Daniel Sedin
I'm liking my team...a few question marks but all in all not too shabby.
Goulet!!!
Posts: 5,352
Threads: 277
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
<bump> Im think Im going to be screwed down the middle this year. Its still pre-season and already Roenick has had his bell rung. He better recover in time for the start of the season. I also have Koivu a good player but also very injury prone, seems I was careless in picking centres. What are the odds of McCauley kicking some ass this year? Good I hope..
Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”