Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

least favorite hip song (3 Merged)
#46

Ooh, sorry to rain in on your parade.
Reply
#47

Are Dutchies welcome?Wink
Reply
#48

i was just kiddingSmile
Reply
#49

I guess we are..... Big Grin
Reply
#50

I know, I was too. Big Grin
Reply
#51

I can't believe how many people don't like "Butts Wigglin'", I love that song. Same goes for "Sharks".
Reply
#52

I think "Butts" is just "there". Repetitive lyrics. It's a little too vanilla to stir up any emotion. "Good Life" lyrics are repetetive as well, but that song just has soooooo much emotion in it, I really think it's almost a "perfect" song. It's a cool song to play too. I think it's the chord change for the chorus. It's simple but brilliant, as most Hip songs are.
Reply
#53

Well, after careful consideration.....these are the songs of The Hip which don't really do it for me:

* All Canadian Surf Club
* Apartment Song
* Tiger The Lion
Reply
#54

"Do you think I bow out, becasue I think you're right, or becasue i don't wanna fight?"
Reply
#55

I must comment. 50 Mission Cap is probably my fav song lubineski. And second leave the great lyrical masterpiece of Tiger the Lion alone. Is lyrically a word. The song I would have to pick is Train Overnight

Confusedhock:
Reply
#56

Some of the songs you guys are taking are pure masterpieces. I agree that it is a very opinionated conversation(arguement) but Tiger the Lion is definitely an awesome song, lyrically and musically( the devil's interval). The only song that I have trouble getting into is off Music @ Work. Sharks, Freak Turbulence and even Wild Mountain Honey are very entertaining songs, but Toronto just irritates me. That and a couple of songs off their EP. But every other Hip song has the energy and music intelligence to surpass any other band's A-Sides. How about a discussion about favourite songs next time, it will keep every one happy.
Reply
#57

tiger the lion is one of my all time favorite songs
Reply
#58

I think to truly like some hip songs that you don't like... is to hear it live or get a live version of it .. Tiger the lion live is a good song.. on kazza search for muchmusic set 3 to hear it live... personally i can't stand silver jet, throwing off glass, are you ready , the bastard and most of the songs on music@work ... i love the hip but when you have to learn to like songs then theres something not right..
Reply
#59

I agree. I didn't know what to think of Tiger The Lion because it's not atypical of The Hip. It's really hard compared to most. But when I heard it live, I was sold. It's a great song. I find that I wind up listening to live recordings much more than the actual albums.
Reply
#60

One of the things that you should for it those songs that you dislike (ie: the bastard, throwing off glass, silver jet), is the degree to which it differs from their other material. As a drummer, the bastard is really percussionally entertaining (as is most of their newer material, good to see after a few percussionalist-free albums), and silver jet is just fun. I'll agree, though, that throwing off glass is a bit mellow for my likes, unless I'm high.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)