Posts: 4,352
Threads: 136
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
the singer lit up a joint on stage, and passed it to me and my buddy during the last song!
Posts: 6,675
Threads: 359
Joined: Mar 2004
Reputation:
0
This might take me awhile, but Ill give it a shot:
The Hip (x21)
Pearl Jam
U2
Bob Dylan
The Watchmen (x15)
Headstones (x12)
Radiohead
B.B. King
Lowest of the Low (x4)
Ron Hawkins & the Rusty Nails (x3)
Ron Hawkins (solo acoustic)
The Weakerthans (x5)
Steve Earle (x6)
Wilco
Jeff Tweedy (solo acoustic)
Soundgarden
Smashing Pumpkins
Guns N' Roses (original lineup)
Daniel Lanois (x2)
Weeping Tile (x4)
Sarah Harmer (x5)
Blue Rodeo (x3)
54-40 (x10)
Big Sugar (x4)
Supersuckers
Chris Brown & Kate Fenner (x5)
Ron Sexsmith
Crash Vegas (x3)
Eric's Trip
Change of Heart (x2)
Rheostatics (x6)
Martin Tielli (solo acoustic)
Skydiggers (x7)
Sam Roberts (x4)
Sloan (x3)
Matt Mays & El Torpedo (x2)
Hayden (x2)
Kathleen Edwards (x3)
Weezer
Sheryl Crow
Cracker
K-OS (x2)
Cuff the Duke (x2)
Danny Michel (x3)
Jim Bryson (x2)
The Grapes of Wrath (x2)
13 Engines (x2)
The Tea Party (x3)
Odds (x4)
Doughboys
D.O.A.
Neko Case
Matthew Good Band
The Cash Brothers
Cowboy Junkies (x2)
Junkhouse (x2)
Tom Wilson (solo)
Dave Matthews Band
Sarah McLachlan
By Divine Right (x2)
Our Lady Peace
Los Lobos
Fishbone
Matthew Sweet
Hothouse Flowers
Ziggy Marley & the Melody Makers
Spirit of the West (x5)
Blues Traveler (x2)
The Northern Pikes (x2)
The Pursuit of Happiness (x2)
Treble Charger (x3)
Moist
Big Wreck
The Mahones (x5)
I Mother Earth
Great Big Sea
Beth Orton
Jr. Gone Wild
Sons of Freedom
Presidents of the USA
whew...I know there's more, but that's all I can think of right now. I had to break out my old box of ticket stubs to remember some of these.
Posts: 2,568
Threads: 80
Joined: Oct 2003
Reputation:
0
This a large percentage of the shows I've seen, but I surely am missing some (think of the brain cells lost at some of the shows on this list! :lol: ).
I did not include local and regional acts, because, well....who cares?
--------------------------------------------
The Tragically Hip (36?)
Widespread Panic (11)
Yonder Mountain String Band (10)
The Allman Brothers Band (8, never with Dwayne)
Dave Matthews Band (7)
John Mellancamp (6)
Bela Fleck & the Flecktones (3)
Fleetwood Mac (3)
Page & Plant (3)
The Black Crowes (3)
Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers (3)
Gordon Lightfoot (3)
Robert Plant (solo) (2)
John Paul Jones
Pink Floyd (2)
Rolling Stones (2)
Crosby, Stills, and Nash (2)
Phish (2)
Aerosmith (2)
AC/DC (3)
String Cheese Incident (2)
Tom Waits (2)
The Who
Dire Straits
Boston
Rush
Van Halen
Guns ānā Roses
Metallica
Lynnard Skynnard
Deep Purple
Black Sabbath
Pearl Jam
Neil Young
Yes
ZZ Top
U2
Bad Company
Beastie Boys
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Foreigner
Journey
Stevie Nicks
B.B. King
Ben Harper
Genesis
Sting
Damn Yankees
RATT
Cinderalla
Poison
Primus
Def Leppard
Roger Waters
Paul McCartney
Eric Clapton
Peter Frampton
David Grisman
Blues Traveler
Kenny Wayne Shepherd
George Clinton & Parliament
Derek Trucks
Robert Cray
Pure Prairie League
Lenny Kravitz
Moe
Sheryl Crow
The Pretenders
10,000 Maniacs
Psychodots
Rusted Root
Siouxie and the Banshees
The Indigo Girls
Ziggy Marley
Burning Spear
Steel Pulse
The Wailers
Big Ass Truck (many times)
Night Ranger
Matthew Sweet
Sam Roberts
Rheostatics
Matisyahu
Wilco
Son Volt
Leftover Salmon
Alison Krauss & Union Station
Sam Bush
Peter Rowan & Tony Rice
Ricky Scaggs
John Cowan Band
Del McCoury Band
Posts: 1,772
Threads: 17
Joined: Sep 2003
Reputation:
0
Alrighty, here goes:
50-40
AC/DC (x2)
Age of Electric
Avril Lavigne
Bare Naked Ladies
Bush
By Divine Right
Coldplay
Dave Matthews Band
Garbage
Goldfinger
Guess Who
Guns 'N Roses (New not old) (x2)
Guster (x4)
Howie Day (x2)
I Mother Earth (with Edwin) (x5)
I Mother Earth (with new guy) (x2)
Justin Timberlake
Kathleen Edwards
K-OS (x3)
Limblifter
Matt Nathanson (x2)
Mix Master Mike
Moby
Moist
Mud Girl
My Morning Jacket
Novicaine
OLP (x3)
Outkast
Pearl Jam
Pete Yorn
Rainbow Butt Monkeys (now Finger 11) (x2)
Rheostatics (x2)
Rolling Stones (x2)
Rush
Rusty (x2)
Sam Roberts (x5)
Sandbox
Sarah McLaughlin
Sex Pistols
Skydiggers
Slash's Snake Pit
Sleater Kinney
Spirit of the West
Stone Temple Pilots
Sum 41 (x2)
Skydiggers
Swollen Members
Tea Party (x2)
The Eisley Brothers
The Foo Fighters (x2)
The Headstones
The Killers
The Killjoys (x2)
The Offspring
The Practically Hip
The Stereophonics
The Tragically Hip (x11)
The Vandals
The Watchmen (x2)
The Wheat Kings
Treble Charger (x2)
U2
Veruca Salt
Weezer
Now there are some "festival" type shows that I can't seem to remember ALL the bands that played.
...of course, if I can't remember them, then it wasn't really "seeing" them in concert I guess.
Nice Thread!
Posts: 1,250
Threads: 13
Joined: Sep 2005
Reputation:
0
Alice Cooper
April Wine
Blue Rodeo
Bryan Adams (5x)
Burton Cummings
By Divine Right
Charlie Major
Colin James
Crush (2x)
David Usher
Default
Die Manniquin
Guess Who
Guns N' Roses
Hootie & the Blowfish
Jann Arden
Jim Cuddy
Jimmy Rankin (2x)
Justin Rutledge
Kanye West
Kathleen Edwards
Kim Mitchell
Les Trois Accords
Live
Maroon 5
Matt Mays & El Torpedo
Moist
Nickelback
Our Lady Peace
Praire Oyster
Rolling Stones (2x)
Sam Roberts (2x)
Shaye
Sloan
Theory of a Deadman
Three Days Grace
Tom Cochrane
Tragically Hip (3x)
Trews (2x)
Wide Mouth Mason
and a few others not worth noting...
Posts: 318
Threads: 11
Joined: Sep 2004
Reputation:
0
Tragically Hip (x 8....9th is coming very soon)
Gov't Mule x 2
Tea Leaf Green x 3
Bela Fleck + The Flecktones x 3
Trey Anastasio + Mike Gordon (feat. the Benevento/Russo Duo) x 2
Phil Lesh + Friends
Paul McCartney
Rolling Stones
Bob Dylan
Sam Roberts x 3 (2 with the Hip, 1 on their own)
The Sadies (opening for Hip, 6.24.06)
International Noise Conspiracy
Beck (opening for Rolling Stones)
Benevento/Russo Duo
CSNY
DMB x 2
Pocket Dwellers
Billy Talent (for a university event....i definitely did not buy a ticket for this one, and they were beyond awful):nooooo
Weakerthans x 2 (12.31.04 + 6.24.06)
Sarah Harmer (12.31.02)
Bobnoxious (@ Ovation)
Hawskley Workman (@ Ovation)
Controller Controller (@ Ovation)
Joel Plaskett (opening for Hip, 11.27.04)
I think that is complete
Posts: 2,255
Threads: 36
Joined: Sep 2002
Reputation:
0
While a long while ago I posted saying i'll make my list and never did
here it is the best i can from memory
The Tragically Hip (18
James McKenty and the Spades (unusre but more than 5)
Sam Roberts (5)
HDRC (4)
Gord Downie
The Trews (3)
The Watchmen (3)
The Dears (3)
The Weakerthans (3)
Sarah Harmer (2)
The Sadies (2)
Blink 182 (2)
Sum 41 (2)
54-40 (2)
Joel Plaskett Emergency (x2)
Green Day
Matt Good
Our Lady Peace
Avril Lagvine
Great Big Sea
Buck 65
Strippers Union
Blue Rodeo
Junkhouse
Sloan
Garbage
U2
Money Money
All Systems Go
The Salads
Barenaked Ladies
Silverchair
Oleander
Three Doors Down
Chris Foster
Cuff the Duke
Saves the Day
Alan Pigguns
The White Stripes
Korn
Theory of a Deadman (ex-girlfriend dragged me to this)
Nickelback (opened for Korn, I was away at the beer tent)
Posts: 2,025
Threads: 109
Joined: Jan 2003
Reputation:
0
I feel almost silly for posting my paltry little list:
Barenaked Ladies (x 13)
The Tragically Hip (x 8.)
The Wallflowers (x 4)
Bruce Springsteen (x 4)
Counting Crows (x 3)
Sam Roberts (x 3)
Tom Waits (x 2)
Dave Matthews Band (x 2)
Live (x 2)
Blues Traveller
Bob Dylan
REM
Hootie & the Blowfish
Smashing Pumpkins
Chris Brown and Kate Fenner
Moxy Fruvous
Everclear
Brand New
Alanis Morrisette (I know, shut up, I didn't want to go)
Dashboard Confessional
Ani DiFranco
Tori Amos
The Cardigans
Ben Folds
Garbage
Green Day
Bush
Matisyahu
Brooks and Dunn (my roommate made me go. blech)
Cowboy Mouth
Brian Wilson
Incubus
Tool
Reel Big Fish
I know there are some I am forgetting, but that's probably best.
-Jenna
Posts: 563
Threads: 33
Joined: Nov 2005
Reputation:
0
Big Wreck has a pretty rockin album IMO...with a few really rockin tunes that get some airplay up here...
The lead singer Ian Thornley, started his own band, "Thornley" not too long ago. There amazingly loud too.
Cool Story - I saw them play acoustic in my buddies backyard, then "VIP" later that night in a tiny little bar. My ears are still ringing amazing show, amazing guitar and drum solos. My friends neighbour won a radio contest to have them play in the backyard, so we sat out on the patio and watched from a few feet away, then the neighbour couldnt go to the show that night so gave us his tickets!!
Posts: 563
Threads: 33
Joined: Nov 2005
Reputation:
0
My list isn't very long, as I only recently started going to concerts, but here it goes.. included some of the good openers to make the list seem longer
The Tragically Hip (5 - soon to be 7)
Sam Roberts (4)
Green Day
Audioslave
Pearl Jam
Great Big Sea (2)
The Trews (2)
Bobnoxious (2)
Bachman/Cummings
Weakerthans (2)
The Sadies (2)
Buck 65
My Chemical Romance
Three Days Grace
Theory of a Deadman
Idle Sons
Foo Fighters
Bob Dylan
Mobile
Thornley (3)
Grady
The Strokes
Joel Plaskett
Posts: 1,250
Threads: 13
Joined: Sep 2005
Reputation:
0
Big Wreck were a good band, and they had quite a few fairly successful singles from that In Loving Memory Of... album back in 1997/1998...."that song", "the oaf" and "blown wide open" among them. My personal favorite Big Wreck song was from their next album though, i love the song "lady like".
I'm a big fan of Thornley's first album, had some good singles from that one too, "so far so good", "come again", "falling to pieces", etc.
Posts: 187
Threads: 6
Joined: Nov 2006
Reputation:
0
Very Tough...wish I would have kept my ticket stubs:
1. The Hip(7)
2. Dave Matthews(3)
3. Pearl Jam(2)
4. U2
5. Chilli Peppers
6. Sam Roberts
7. 54-40
8. Creed
9. Nickelback(2)
10. The Killers
11. The Headstones
12. Big Sugar
I'm missing a few. I'm sure they'll come to me