Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Every concert.
#1

I want to know who the biggest road dog is in the Hipbase! Name every band you've seen, and the number of times..

The Tragically Hip (25)
Oasis (5)
The Tea Party (4)
I Mother Earth (4)
Matthew Good Band (4)
Gob
Moist (2)
Rheostatics
Sam Roberts (4)
Barenaked Ladies (4)
Skydiggers
Headstones (2)
Killjoys
Odds (2)
Thornley (5)
Our Lady Peace (5)
Avril Lavigne
Pearl Jam
The White Stripes
Tool
Econoline Crush
U2
Travis
The Verve
The Black Crowes
Sloan (3)
Treble Charger (2)
Blue Rodeo (4)
The Watchmen (5)
Korn
Staind
Metallica
Coldplay
The Charlatans UK
R.E.M (2)
Glueleg
Garbage
Massive Attack
Stereophonics
Finger Eleven (3)
3 Doors Down
Forty Foot Echo
Big Wreck (2)
Copyright
Staggered Crossing
The Ghandarvas
Change Of Heart
Bruce Cockburn
The Guess Who
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Stone Temple Pilots
Radiohead
Hayden (2)
Big Sugar
Scratching Post
By Divine Right
Sarah Harmer (2)
Doctor
Ron Sexsmith
Sum 41
Joydrop
Grady
Jets Overhead
The Weakerthans
The Sadies


I probably forgot some, but nonetheless Ive had a fun life!

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply
#2

I've been meaning to make a list like that for a long time. i'll see what i can come up with
Reply
#3

I have it in an excel file that I should update. My girlfriend thinks I'm a loser for this -- I guess this shows her

Cheers

Pat
Reply
#4

hotmetal401 Wrote:I have it in an excel file that I should update. My girlfriend thinks I'm a loser for this -- I guess this shows her

Cheers

Pat
No way, lists rule man!!! :thumb:

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply
#5

I have been meaning to do this aswell. I want to scan all the ticket stubs I have kept. Someday I guess.

I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
Reply
#6

geez..i don't know how many i've seen...i've gotten to see a lot of free shows over the years working in the music industry for so long...( 8 years at cd stores..3 in radio)...umm..i know i've seen the hip 21 times..5440 7 times...acdc 5 times...matt good 2 times..sloan twice...foo fighters twice..pearl jam 4 times(once at the commodore...wow..)...fiona apple, holly cole...nazareth....gomez 4 times....big sugar 3 times....oscar peterson...peter frampton...stereophonics....tom petty 3 times...neil young..page/plant..and plant solo 3 times..(4 after thursday!!).tool...perfect circle..deftones...garbage..beck...no doubt...blue rodeo 3 times...sam roberts....def leppard..tea party 4 times...this is gonna take a while i think..i'll have to come back and edit!!

ok..forgot about velvet revolver...STP twice...nickelback twice(both for radio reasons....i felt dirty)...cowboy junkies...GNR...julian lennon...michael jackson( :oops: )...dave mathews...the trews...collective soul...RHCP...beasites...pink floyd...morcheeba 3 times...live...blur...robbie williams...coolio!!!....everclear...OLP twice...aerosmith twice..bon jovi..skid row...motley crue twice...queens of the stone age...sum 41..swollen members...travis...2 lilith fairs..one sarah by herself...ben folds five...charlatans UK..amanda marshall...danko jones..colin james 3 times..eagle eye cherry..john mellencamp twice..megadeth..lenny kravitz twice..philosopher kings 3 times..headstones twice..tom jones in vegas baby!!!...black crowes twice..rod stewart..dandy warhols...ween..moby..christina aguliera..(actually..when she stopped the show and did a few jazz tunes..fucking great voice)..ozzy twice..dread zeppelin 3 times..james..nirvana(last show in canada before he died)alice cooper...medieski martin and wood...

i'm sure there's more, and i'll edit as i think of them...i was lucky to meet some of them, including the hip, ben harper, gomez..ben folds..fiona apple...sarah....dandys....even smoked a joint with ben and gomez!!(not at the same time...)
Reply
#7

I did this a while back...are you ready??

13 Engines
54 40
88 Fingers Louie
A Tribe Called Quest
AC/DC
AFI
Alien Ant Farm
Alkoholiks
Avril Lavigne
Bad Religion
Bare Naked Ladies
Beastie Boys
Jimmy Eat World
Doctor
Beck
Blink 182
Bouncing Souls
The Buzzcocks
Catch 22
Catherine Wheel
Cypress Hill
Danko Jones
Diesel Boy
Doctor
Down By Law
Elastica
Face To Face (4x)
Finger Eleven
Fishbone
Five Knuckle Chuckle
Foo Fighters (4x)
George Clinton and the P-Funk All-Stars
Gob Roberts
Godsmack
Goldfinger
Good Riddance
Green Day (2x)
Guttermouth (2x…first band I ever saw live)
Hi-Standard
Hole
Jugheads Revenge
Kid koala
L7
Lag Wagon
Less Than Jake
Lowest of the Low
Luscious Jackson
Matthew Good Band
Me First and the Gimme Gimmies
Metallica
my morning jacket
Neil Young
Nick Cave
Nickelback (it was free, I had no choice!)
No Code (2x)
No Use for a Name
NOFX (2x)
Oliver Black
Our Lady Peace (4x)
Pearl Jam (11x)
Pennywise
Pete Yorn
Primus (3x)
Propaghandi (2x)
Radiohead (2x)
Rancid
Red Hot Chilli Peppers (3x)
Reset
Rolling Stones
Rush
Rusty
Sarah Maglachlan (2x)
Sector 7
Sleater Kinney
Sloan 2x
Smashing Pumpkins
SNFU
Sonic Youth
Stereophonics
Stone Temple Pilots
Strung Out (4x)
Sugar Ray
Sum 41
Supergrass
Ten Foot Pole
The Ataris
The Breeders
The Flaming Lips
The Guess Who
The Headstones
The Killjoys
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
The Offspring (2x)
The Tea Party
The Trews
The Vandals (2x)
Thornley (4x)
Three Days Grace
Tragically Hip (8x)
Treble Charger
Trigger happy
Weezer
Youth Brigade

To come:

Pearl Jam - Tomorrow @ ACC
NIN - Nov 10, ACC
Reply
#8

I've also got a list, dating back to 2000 I think, less shows back then , last 2-3 years have plenty of shows
Reply
#9

i gotta make a new list
been a while since i updated mine
Reply
#10

i gotta make a list too, might take some time
Reply
#11

ill play might take awhile but shit im bored at work Wink i better go in order i guess, forgotten shows will be added/editted

metallica - 1993
woodstock 94 (nin, primus, rhcp, joe cocker, green day etc...)
change of heart/odds/hip - 1995
weird al - 1995
snfu - 1996
eric's trip/sloan - 1996
edgefest 1996 - (tea party, olp, ime, 54-40 etc..)
jesus lizard/rage against the machine - 1996
rheostatics(sp?)/hip - 1996
elevator to hell/doughboys - 1996
SANDBOX (featuring bubbles!) 1996 or 97
i mother earth 1997
big sugar 1997
headstones 1998
misfits 1998
hip 1998
sloan 1999
SOD 1999
deftones/pantera/black sabbath 1999
one minute silence/biohazard/sepultura 1999
elevator (to hell) 1999
dayglo abortions 1999
hip 2000
beta band/radiohead 2001
extreme steel tour (pantera/slayer) 2001
jane's addiction 2001
tricky/tool 2001
biohazard/clutch 2001
eric's trip (last show) 2001
fishbone 2002
hatebreed/slayer 2002
dayglo abortions 2002
buzzcocks/pearl jam 2003
nathan wiley/gord downie 2003
matt mays/sam roberts 2003
mick taylor 2003
the trews/sam roberts 2004
dayglo abortions 2004
joel plaskett emergency/hip 2004
motorhead 2005
hip/stones 2005
pearl jam 2005 (sept 22nd, 24th & 25th)
Reply
#12

"Name every band you've seen, and the number of times.. "

You're kidding, right???

I wish I was that organized..
God, let me try to do this year..

Black Crowes - 2
Phil Lesh and Ryan Adams
Widespread Panic - 3 (show this wed, so that makes 4)
Buckethead - 1
Les Claypool 1
Steve Earle 1
Robert Earle Keen 1
Col Bruce w/ Jimmy Herring - 2 or 3
Drive By Truckers..3
NMAS - 1
Jorma with Hot Tuna - 2
Warren Haynes - with Gov't Mule - 1

I'm forgetting a ton..
Reply
#13

I've seen so many concerts but off hand here is what I know for sure:

The Tragically Hip - 38
Gord Downie - 3
Strippers Union - 1
Gob - 2
Our Lady Peace - 6
Matthew Good - 12
Pearl Jam - 2
Sam Roberts - 12
Finger Eleven - 10
Nine Inch Nails - 1

and I've seen the past 8 edgefests with the excpetion of the last 2 at Molson Amp in Toronto.
Reply
#14

My list won't even compare, but how many concerts have you bought tickets for and then for one reason or another not gone to?!?!?!?!? Wink

So far I'm at two, both for 54-40, oddly enough!
Reply
#15

dave matthews band (x3)
rolling stones (x2)
smashing pumpkins (x2)
our lady peace (x2)
red hot chili peppers
radiohead
u2
coldplay (x2)
pearl jam
tragically hip (x2)
foo fighters (x2)
wilco
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)