Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

What songs should the Hip start playing live again?
#31

fingernailsonhull Wrote:38 YEARS OLD

Only if people stop thinking its a true story.
Reply
#32

buzz882 Wrote:PS - Coconut Cream....i love it

Amen. I've always loved this tune. There are so many Coconut Cream hataz out there, though.

You know who you are. :jump
Reply
#33

longseason Wrote:
buzz882 Wrote:PS - Coconut Cream....i love it

Amen. I've always loved this tune. There are so many Coconut Cream hataz out there, though.

You know who you are. :jump

And they call themselves "Fans" Confusedcratch:

2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Reply
#34

buzz882 Wrote:
longseason Wrote:
buzz882 Wrote:PS - Coconut Cream....i love it

Amen. I've always loved this tune. There are so many Coconut Cream hataz out there, though.

You know who you are. :jump

And they call themselves "Fans" Confusedcratch:

I'd be one of those fans.

CC could disappear forever and I wouldn't complain a bit, so long as it took The Bastard, Fire in the Hole, A Beautiful Thing, and The Heart of the Melt with it.

*braces for ridicule*
Reply
#35

The Horrible Esthete Wrote:CC could disappear forever and I wouldn't complain a bit, so long as it took The Bastard, Fire in the Hole, A Beautiful Thing, and The Heart of the Melt with it.

*braces for ridicule*

... there's a cannon shooting coconut cream ... there's a cannon shooting coconut cream ... 40 gallons in a steady stream ... stre-e-eam ... cre-e--eam ... dre-e-eam

c'mon. that's solid gold.

Coconut Cream reminds me of We're Hardcore on Battle of the Nudes, just a bit of an excuse to get ya boppin' and twitchin'. A harmless bit of fun with no pretensions. That's why I'd take it over stuff like The Rules, and Flamenco (<--- oh yeah, I went there), and Apartment Song, and Sherpa any day.

plus, I like my butterflies slow and fat.

ct
Reply
#36

She Didn't Know
When the Weight Comes Down
Opiated
Thugs
Sherpa
Chagrin Falls
Another Midnight
On The Verge (closer for sure)
Hiccups (long DD intro)
Escape (more of anyway)
Three Pistols (though has popped up on last tour)
Looking for a Place To Happen
Bring It All Back
We'll Go Too
Pigeon Camera
Reply
#37

My kingdom for Smalltown Bringdown! a.k.a "Small Clown, Big Clown."
Reply
#38

With a 20 year compilation coming out this fall are there plans to tour (other than the Stones)..or are they just waiting to start Another Roadside Attraction next year?

What I'm getting at is if they do plan to promote this album in some fashion maybe they will break out older ones. Here's hoping.

Cordelia
Heart of the Melt
Inch an Hour (this song rocks)

but yeah...i agree...surprise the hell out of the audience from time to time.
Reply
#39

How about Emperor Penguin? It's only been played a handful of times - and pretty much only on the PP tour.

Jeff

June 21, 2003 Toronto, ON: SkyDome
July 1, 2004 Toronto, ON: Molson Amphitheatre
November 26, 2004 Toronto, ON: Air Canada Centre
June 24, 2006 Toronto, ON: Historic Fort York
May 10, 2007 Indianapolis, IN: The Vogue
July 14, 2011 Edmonton, AB: Northlands Festival Site
June 30, 2012 Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON: The Commons at Butler's Barracks
January 23, 2013 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
July 28, 2016 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
Reply
#40

Born in The Water
Fiddlers Green
Get Back Again
Reply
#41

The Completists
Reply
#42

The Completists

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply
#43

Chris Tanz Wrote:Coconut Cream reminds me of We're Hardcore on Battle of the Nudes, just a bit of an excuse to get ya boppin' and twitchin'. A harmless bit of fun with no pretensions. That's why I'd take it over stuff like The Rules, and Flamenco (<--- oh yeah, I went there), and Apartment Song, and Sherpa any day.

Well the rift between our individual tastes in the Hip is clear - Flamenco, Apartment Song and Sherpa are some of my favorites!

Pretension is what helps define TTH for me! Just another instance where all you can say is "to each his own", I guess.....
Reply
#44

The Horrible Esthete Wrote:
Chris Tanz Wrote:Coconut Cream reminds me of We're Hardcore on Battle of the Nudes, just a bit of an excuse to get ya boppin' and twitchin'. A harmless bit of fun with no pretensions. That's why I'd take it over stuff like The Rules, and Flamenco (<--- oh yeah, I went there), and Apartment Song, and Sherpa any day.

Well the rift between our individual tastes in the Hip is clear - Flamenco, Apartment Song and Sherpa are some of my favorites!

Pretension is what helps define TTH for me! Just another instance where all you can say is "to each his own", I guess.....

mistake me not ... I also quite enjoy Apartment Song and Sherpa and Flamenco (not The Rules, however; not mostly anyway). and pretension suits me fine -- Tiger the Lion anyone? -- but I also like the gum in yer hair songs like Coconut Cream and The Heart of the Melt and Born in the Water, which was being mentioned a bit today. So maybe I shouldn't have said "any day" but "some days" and definitely "that day".

also, ya know, ya gotta stick up for CC when everyone's dumping on it.

ct
Reply
#45

they should play On the Verge again, man is that ever an awesome song. I was just istening to an old boot and the energy they played that song with was incredible.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)