Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

What songs should the Hip start playing live again?
#1

I was just wondering what everyone thinks the hip should start playing live again. For me, it would be awesome if they busted out the 38 Years Old again. When I met the band Dec. 3 in Saint John Big Grin I asked Gord. He mainly said its because it creeps him out because its written in first person, and there is lines like "my sister got raped". But anyways, all this aside, I say BRING IT BACK.
I wanna know what u think :jump
Reply
#2

Put it Off
Tiger the Lion
Bring it All Back
Emperor Penguin
The Darkest One
Pigeon Camera
Opiated
38 Years Old
Yawning or Snarling
An Inch an Hour
Reply
#3

Oops, I forgot a couple: Heart of the Melt and Goodnight Josephine. I'm still trying to figure out why these tunes suddenly disappeared from the setlist on the last tour.
Reply
#4

Yeah, The Heart Of The Melt is awesome, and according to the database, they've played it like four times I think. Now what I think is another poetic song that they should do once and a while that hasn't been done since the IVL tour is THUGS. I think its a great song
Reply
#5

When the weight comes down
Leave
Get back again
Reply
#6

get back again
thugs
inevitability of death
all tore up
butts wigglin
38 years old
trickle down
the last of the unplucked gems
born in the water
chagrin falls.......

actually everything in their catalogue that they don't currently play anymore, I wouldn't be dissapointed hearing any song performed live by them
Reply
#7

cordelia;
butts wigglin;
lionized; and
flamenco

[grins inwardly, thinking about another thread he started]

ct
Reply
#8

Emperor Penguin, hands down. I really want to hear that song played live.

38 Years Old

I echo the calls for Heart of The Melt and Josephine.

Thompson Girl
I'd like to hear Inevitability of Death more. I know they play it sometimes but not enough! It's such a rocker.
The Wherewithal
She Didn't Know
When The Weight Comes Down
Get Back Again
Ouch!
Fifty Mission Cap
Freak Turbulence
Something On
Cordelia!
On the Verge
Opiated
Times Are Passing Us By
Pigeon Camera
Reply
#9

The Bastard, Fifty Mission Cap, and Tiger the Lion. Dunno if they play Greasy Jungle live a lot but i've never heard it, so that too.
Reply
#10

Opiated
Everytime You Go
Pigeon Camera
We'll Go Too
Stay
Titanic Terrarium
Yawning or Snarling
Something On
Throwing Off Glass
One Night In Copenhagen
If New Orleans Is Beat

if only.. Sad

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply
#11

You know, it's not so much 'what songs should they start playing' as much as 'how should they create setlists'..

I remember when I got into the hip, I heard them talking about how with each setlist they try hard to create a completely different show. fast forward 7 years - I saw three shows of the IBE tour, Canada Day, ACC and the New Years show...all in all, they were very similar. 3 shows an album has been an average for me since Phantom Power (when I got into them). And in my opinion, although the shows this tour showed that the hip are clearly on top of their game with no signs of slowing down any time in the next 50 years, they offered a very uncreative selection of tunes.....

I think the general consensous around here is that its time to bust out some pigeon camera, some cordelia some bring it back put in on thuggin elderado completisting escape is at hand for the heart of the meltin another midnight man, Gn'ome sayin?

Just spice it up, mix it up, and most of all, don't be afraid to stop playing silver jet....don't worry boys...we won't be angry, sure we love the tune, but hey it's had a good run, it's like an accent we leased but don't plan on buying, now lets get that vette from the garage we've been working on for 20 years and fly round the block...

I must say though, i've never been more excited to hear what the hip are working on, after hearing the rants during the IBE tours, and the direction that album took, the hip's sound is getting better and better....

can't wait for track 3, love is a curse...
Reply
#12

tiger the lion, another midnight & IOD
Reply
#13

farmerdan69 Wrote:another midnight
How could I forget that one? Absolutely, AM rules!!!

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply
#14

How the hell could I forget Eldorado? Confusedhock:
Reply
#15

14 posts and not one person listed Blonde Solid? You guys are Hip fans right? Wink
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)