Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

What Song Will We Never Hear Live Again??
#31

...interesting :mrgreen:
Reply
#32

NMAS Wrote:Yeah, thats what I will do, cause clearly the people that have interesting things to talk about are not using this thread.

Keep digging that hole buddy. If offending a bunch of Hipbase members was your intention with this thread, mission accomplished.
Reply
#33

Billy Wrote:
NMAS Wrote:Yeah, thats what I will do, cause clearly the people that have interesting things to talk about are not using this thread.

Keep digging that hole buddy. If offending a bunch of Hipbase members was your intention with this thread, mission accomplished.

You make it seem like I am worried what Hipbasers think of me, well I am not. I respect everyone on here, but I am not worried what people think of me.
Reply
#34

I find the whole concept of this thread intriguing; much more so than the whole "NOIS has to go" concept, anyway.

Oh well, to each their own I guess... :thumb:


Scott

1995-04-07 Toledo | 1996-06-29 Toledo | 1996-11-23 Detroit | 1998-08-22 Toledo | 1999-02-12 Auburn Hills |
1999-05-05 Grand Rapids | 1999-07-31 Clarkston | 1999-12-31 Toronto | 2000-01-01 Toronto |
2000-06-14 Pontiac | 2000-07-15 Clarkston | 2000-12-02 Detroit | 2002-08-31 Clarkston |
2004-09-18 Detroit | 2007-04-12 Detroit | 2009-05-29 Detroit | 2012-11-28 Detroit | 2016-08-08 London | 2016-08-16 Hamilton
Reply
#35

NMAS Wrote:
Billy Wrote:
NMAS Wrote:Yeah, thats what I will do, cause clearly the people that have interesting things to talk about are not using this thread.

Keep digging that hole buddy. If offending a bunch of Hipbase members was your intention with this thread, mission accomplished.

You make it seem like I am worried what Hipbasers think of me, well I am not. I respect everyone on here, but I am not worried what people think of me.

How is it even possible that this thread has degenerated into a stupid catfight? It boggles the mind.

Jeff

June 21, 2003 Toronto, ON: SkyDome
July 1, 2004 Toronto, ON: Molson Amphitheatre
November 26, 2004 Toronto, ON: Air Canada Centre
June 24, 2006 Toronto, ON: Historic Fort York
May 10, 2007 Indianapolis, IN: The Vogue
July 14, 2011 Edmonton, AB: Northlands Festival Site
June 30, 2012 Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON: The Commons at Butler's Barracks
January 23, 2013 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
July 28, 2016 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
Reply
#36

It seems unfortunate that they ONLY play Music At Work from M@W! It is THE underrated Hip album. I can't believe people don't like it! I would love to hear anything from it apart from the title track. Also Titanic Terrarium, Emperor Penguin and Sherpa are Tragically Unhip as well...
Reply
#37

sherpa Wrote:It seems unfortunate that they ONLY play Music At Work from M@W!

Here, here. Sharks, Toronto #4, Tiger and Freak would be nice. And The Bastard would knock me on my ass.

They have been busting out Lake Fever more often... nothing beats Paul's vocals on that one.
Reply
#38

I am going to say Ultra Mundane and Forest Edge...

I know they have never even been played (and I understand why, not even being selected for IVL) so I will go with them.

Off topic but related to the "unreleased" material...when is that extra IBE stuff going to be released. I say use it as a way to resurect the Hip Club. And also, is Fighter, Fighter one of those songs?
Reply
#39

Fighter Fighter should be in the Hip canon for sure.

Jeff

June 21, 2003 Toronto, ON: SkyDome
July 1, 2004 Toronto, ON: Molson Amphitheatre
November 26, 2004 Toronto, ON: Air Canada Centre
June 24, 2006 Toronto, ON: Historic Fort York
May 10, 2007 Indianapolis, IN: The Vogue
July 14, 2011 Edmonton, AB: Northlands Festival Site
June 30, 2012 Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON: The Commons at Butler's Barracks
January 23, 2013 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
July 28, 2016 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
Reply
#40

re The Bastard ... I've got the feeling that this one isn't done like the dishes. I can see it being hauled out if the Hip ever do an Evening With reprise. Especially if they have a Philadelph-e-i-a show.

Toronto #4 on the other hand ... we'll I'm just glad I got to see it live once (same with Train Overnight and Wild Mountain Honey).

Someone mentioned the Emergency-Titanic Terrarium-Impossibilium trio earlier ... highly underrated section of DFN in my opinion (probably because of the emotional expense of Nautical Disaster-Thugs-IOD-Scared back to back to back to back - how can you listen to three more songs when you've been turned to jello by those four songs?). I think we might still see TT played live, but Emerge and Impossibilium??? well, I'd love to be proved wrong.

CT
Reply
#41

I agree...Ultra Mundane (probably the best song, sort of on IVL) probably wont be heard. If I ever heard them play Bring it All Back, Id think I mustve died and gone to heaven.
Reply
#42

How is it even possible that this thread has degenerated into a stupid catfight? It boggles the mind.[/quote]

I agree completely!

Ludacris.....
Reply
#43

Toronto #4 M@W will never be played live. As sure as I live and die.
Reply
#44

With the mention of 2005 being "a year of retrospect" and the possibility of a greatest hits coming up... doesn't anybody else think it would be ultracool if the Hip just stretched way the hell back and played something superoldschool like All Canadian or maybe even something from the Copperpenny? That was 1985; "20 years in the making". I think it'd be some kinda arctic-fresh-ish of them to play Here Tis or Psychedelic Ramblings! I'd seriously friggin choke on my own tongue if I heard they were gonna revamp Psychedelic or if during some live show in the next couple weeks they broke out into Reformed Baptist Blues! Man, what a thought...

(By the way, this post does hold relevance to the topic cuz they're songs that haven't been played in years.... just in case some of you thought I was drunk and rambling again... which I'm not denying... but at least I can stay on topic.)
Reply
#45

musicfan Wrote:i hope butts wigglin never gets retired and heart of the melt and and and :wink:

thumbs up to the band for mixing up the setlists night after night :thumb:

they're keepin it REAL

You are on the Tragically hip forum correct?
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)