Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Do you show your Hip Colors?
#16

I try not to wear a concert shirt to a concert. It gives me the same feeling as when I was a kid returning to school after Christmas and seeing everyone sitting there in new sweaters. I just feel kind of silly. I would defiantly bust out a Hip belt buckle though. Because that's just plain cool.
Reply
#17

BRoach Wrote:look @ my avatar

it's been worn at every hip show ive been to

it was REALLY hot in a hockey jersey this summer @ fort york :lol:

Were you at the show on the 24th? I think I was standing pretty close to you, because I remember remarking how cool that jersey is.

Jeff

June 21, 2003 Toronto, ON: SkyDome
July 1, 2004 Toronto, ON: Molson Amphitheatre
November 26, 2004 Toronto, ON: Air Canada Centre
June 24, 2006 Toronto, ON: Historic Fort York
May 10, 2007 Indianapolis, IN: The Vogue
July 14, 2011 Edmonton, AB: Northlands Festival Site
June 30, 2012 Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON: The Commons at Butler's Barracks
January 23, 2013 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
July 28, 2016 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
Reply
#18

I have never worn any of my hip merch to a hip show. It seems (to me, at least) slightly overkill.

Though, I would kill for the Phantom Power belt buckle. I should have bought it when I had the chance. Cry

-Jenna
Reply
#19

Geez, I must be living in some bizarro world where wearing a Hip shirt to a Hip concert is frowned upon. I'm totally bewildered. :roll: How is it "overkill"? What does that even mean? I'm not criticizing you Jenna and it's great that you don't wear Hip shirts to shows but I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this. I still don't know what everyone is talking about. Do they think they'll get labelled as loser fans with no life, like the old ladies who see 50 KISS shows and wear the makeup and everything?
Reply
#20

fingernailsonhull Wrote:
BRoach Wrote:look @ my avatar

it's been worn at every hip show ive been to

it was REALLY hot in a hockey jersey this summer @ fort york :lol:

Were you at the show on the 24th? I think I was standing pretty close to you, because I remember remarking how cool that jersey is.

chances are that was me
i was on paul side..
it was a blistering concert......both the show + being in a hockey jersey in the thick of summer
Reply
#21

"What is this? You're gonna wear this to the show?
You're gonna wear the shirt of the band you're gonna go see?
Don't be that guy."

- James "Droz" Andrews (as played by Jeremy Piven in PCU (1994))
Reply
#22

tigerthelion Wrote:Geez, I must be living in some bizarro world where wearing a Hip shirt to a Hip concert is frowned upon. I'm totally bewildered. :roll: How is it "overkill"? What does that even mean? I'm not criticizing you Jenna and it's great that you don't wear Hip shirts to shows but I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this. I still don't know what everyone is talking about. Do they think they'll get labelled as loser fans with no life, like the old ladies who see 50 KISS shows and wear the makeup and everything?

As a female, I feel that wearing the band's merch leaves me a little too close to fangirl, teenybopper status. Now, I know that such girls are rare when it comes to hip fans, but I'd like to steer clear of any such associations. Really, I suppose its a vanity issue. :?

The other aspect is that I don't see what wearing the gear to the show proves or demonstrates. I know that it is a way to show support and that you're a fan, but if you weren't, would you be at the show in the first place?

-Jenna
Reply
#23

....i don't wear band tee shirts of the band i'm going to see. but i'll be sporting my brand new team Canada jersey on feb. 6 and i think i'll wear my hip tee shirt underneath. :mrgreen:
Reply
#24

Jenna_Bird Wrote:As a female, I feel that wearing the band's merch leaves me a little too close to fangirl, teenybopper status. Now, I know that such girls are rare when it comes to hip fans, but I'd like to steer clear of any such associations. Really, I suppose its a vanity issue. :?
I completely agree with you Jenna. It's kind of different for a girl I think.

I wore my Leaf jersey to That Night in Toronto at the ACC. I remember thinking how cool it was to be able to wear a hockey jersey to a concert. Now I realize how un-cool it was to wear a Leaf jersey. :roll:

Sarah
I was there
Reply
#25

Jenna_Bird Wrote:
tigerthelion Wrote:Geez, I must be living in some bizarro world where wearing a Hip shirt to a Hip concert is frowned upon. I'm totally bewildered. :roll: How is it "overkill"? What does that even mean? I'm not criticizing you Jenna and it's great that you don't wear Hip shirts to shows but I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this. I still don't know what everyone is talking about. Do they think they'll get labelled as loser fans with no life, like the old ladies who see 50 KISS shows and wear the makeup and everything?

As a female, I feel that wearing the band's merch leaves me a little too close to fangirl, teenybopper status. Now, I know that such girls are rare when it comes to hip fans, but I'd like to steer clear of any such associations. Really, I suppose its a vanity issue. :?

The other aspect is that I don't see what wearing the gear to the show proves or demonstrates. I know that it is a way to show support and that you're a fan, but if you weren't, would you be at the show in the first place?

-Jenna

Ok, thanks for the explanation.

You see, regarding your second point, I don't see what NOT wearing the gear to the show proves. Why buy the merchandise at all? It's like going to a hockey game. Why do people wear jerseys of their favourite player when they go to a game? Because it's something to do! There's nothing uncool about wearing Hip gear to a show or wearing a Toronto #13 jersey to a Leafs game or a #83 Evans jersey to a Bills game. How is wearing a sports jersey any different than wearing a WC shirt? It is possible to wear a Hip shirt to a show just because you feel like it. I don't think it has to be some kind of symbol for your fandom or whatever. I wear Hip shirts because I feel like it, just the same as sports fans do. It's not like I leave the house saying, "Oh man, I'm gonna prove how much of a fan I am by wearing this shirt! I'll show them."

BTW, plenty of non Hip fans go to Hip shows. They go because their friends wanted to go or they go just for something to do. Big Grin
Reply
#26

deerok Wrote:"What is this? You're gonna wear this to the show?
You're gonna wear the shirt of the band you're gonna go see?
Don't be that guy."

- James "Droz" Andrews (as played by Jeremy Piven in PCU (1994))

Seeing that quote would make me wear the shirt of the band I was going to see. Jeremy Piven is a hack actor and that movie is a joke. Now, if there was a comment similar to this quote in "Dazed and Confused", I may follow that advice. :rambo:
Reply
#27

tigerthelion Wrote:BTW, plenty of non Hip fans go to Hip shows. They go because their friends wanted to go or they go just for something to do. Big Grin

Ok, remember I am in the states. Aside from the show in Chicago on New Year's Eve, I have rarely encountered a non-hip fan at a show. I suppose that's just another difference between seeing the boys on their home turf and here. Smile

-Jenna
Reply
#28

Jenna_Bird Wrote:
tigerthelion Wrote:BTW, plenty of non Hip fans go to Hip shows. They go because their friends wanted to go or they go just for something to do. Big Grin

Ok, remember I am in the states. Aside from the show in Chicago on New Year's Eve, I have rarely encountered a non-hip fan at a show. I suppose that's just another difference between seeing the boys on their home turf and here. Smile

-Jenna

Good point. I only have one real friend who loves the Hip like I do. My cousin and I went to see them in Halifax in December of 2000 and I loved it but he has mentioned that he was not impressed. He went just because he knew I loved them and he wanted something to do. Also, anytime I've had non-floor seats to a seated Hip show, hardly anyone stood up. In fact, most of the people around me seemed disinterested.

I have worn my IBE shirt to a Trews concert also and it caught the attention of the lead singer of The Novaks (I think his name is Mick)when they came out after the show. Some guy beside me was sporting a Zep shirt which also caugh his attention.

So, my Hip shirt wearing days are not exclusive to Hip concerts. Big Grin
Reply
#29

tigerthelion Wrote:Also, anytime I've had non-floor seats to a seated Hip show, hardly anyone stood up.

Weird.

Maybe people find sitting in the chair to be more comfortable?

Hmm.

:mrgreen:
Reply
#30

The Horrible Esthete Wrote:
tigerthelion Wrote:Also, anytime I've had non-floor seats to a seated Hip show, hardly anyone stood up.

Weird.

Maybe people find sitting in the chair to be more comfortable?

Hmm.

:mrgreen:

Hmmmm. It's a Hip show, not a folk concert in an intimate setting. The Hip are a rock band. They play energetic, electric music. It'd be nice if the fans at least FAKED interest in the show. The band feeds off the crowd so the louder the crowd, the more energy the band plays with. Everyone on the floor seems to be comfortable standing up out of their assigned chairs so I don't see why it would be so much more difficult for the other sections to stand.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)