Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Buffalo Show Rumor
#16

From my "sourse" those dates are good - March 9/10 It's an evening with deal. To me it's not a decline, it a thank you to the fans show.
He said they have been working on this since the summer. Ballroom is a great place to see a show. I am going to the Sat game so I have to try for the Friday show.
Hell yeah brothas n sistas........... :jump
Reply
#17

March 8, Harro East Ballroom.
Reply
#18

NegPhil Wrote:The time has come. This is the album that breaks them in the America. If they return to the small venues across America and take the music to the people the corporate structure that has kept them down in the States will crumble.

Are you being facetious?

They've been hitting Ohio every tour since the early-mid '90s and the venues have exclusively been of the club / small theatre / summer festival variety, except for one stop at John F. Savage Hall in Toledo during the Phantom Power tour (which I notice is not listed in the Hipbase setlist archive, strangely enough).

I don't expect anything to change re: TTH popularity in the States from this point forward......
Reply
#19

Are you being facetious?

They've been hitting Ohio every tour since the early-mid '90s and the venues have exclusively been of the club / small theatre / summer festival variety, except for one stop at John F. Savage Hall in Toledo during the Phantom Power tour (which I notice is not listed in the Hipbase setlist archive, strangely enough).

I don't expect anything to change re: TTH popularity in the States from this point forward......[/quote]


No I am not being facetious. The fact that they play Ohio in smaller venues is great for you. What I was talking about are small clubs like I use to see them in rather then big theaters or festivals they play now. According to your logic they would not even need a club tour in the States. I would like to see them in the rock clubs that people who really love music attend regularly. My point is outside of bumfuck Ohio and the border states people have no idea who they are. They could take it back to the small clubs in towns that they would not normally draw a big enough crowed to fill a theater. It is my hope that if they got back to the old school posters on phone polls and playing for people who don't know every song, they could bypass the corporate radio industry that refuses to play them. Regarding the Hips popularity, I have never heard them on the radio outside of Buffalo. Never. Not once. Ever. I had never seen a hip video until I got DSL this year. My hope is that a ground swell of new fans would force the four corporations that control all media in this country to play them. Then again I can be happy as the only American among a sea of Canadians like at every Hip show I have ever attended.
Reply
#20

Shitty, I'm out of town on the 9th and 10th! But ah, what can ya do, I'll be there at Copps. Sure woulda liked to see them in a small venue. What do you think the chances are of them coming back to Buffalo?
Reply
#21

NegPhil Wrote:I would like to see them in the rock clubs that people who really love music attend regularly. My point is outside of bumfuck Ohio and the border states people have no idea who they are.

Then again I can be happy as the only American among a sea of Canadians like at every Hip show I have ever attended.

When the hip consistantly play smaller venues across the U.S., it is exactly that, ACROSS the U.S. It's not as though they specifically tour in the markets you listed (and by the way, the "bumfuck" comment is just uncalled for). The hip have also played in, Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, D.C, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia and Wisconsin.

Also, does hearing it on the radio make it "better? I just don't understand the logic.

-Jenna
Reply
#22

I heard them on the radio in North Carolina a couple times this summer when I was on vacation
Reply
#23

Ok, Ohio bring it on! I'll give you the bumfuck being uncalled for. I could of said poedunk or where God lost his shoes. I must admit I got pissed about some fucknut dredging up a conversation from days ago and calling me out on it. I have angered the mighty Ohio contingent of the Hip police. Forgive me for getting excited as the news broke.
Reply
#24

A hypersensitive and overdefensive whiner Wrote:I must admit I got pissed about some fucknut dredging up a conversation from days ago and calling me out on it. I have angered the mighty Ohio contingent of the Hip police. Forgive me for getting excited as the news broke.

Damn. Who pissed in your Coco Puffs?

"Dredging up a conversation from days ago"???

I didn't realize there was a statute of limitations on repying to posts around here. 'Dredge up'? Dude -- you posted that less than 45 hours before I replied. Confusedcratch:

I was asking if you were being facetious because I honestly couldn't tell.

And the reason I couldn't tell is because you said "return to the small venues across America". To this day, The Hip typically play small clubs for most US dates. The only states where TTH regularly play bigger theatres and arenas are select border states, and maybe in big cities in non border states like Chicago and Boston.

I wasn't trying to "call you out on it", I was simply telling you not to get your hopes up in regard to this being The Hip's "breakout album" in the States....'cause it ain't gonna happen.

Maybe if you got off your jackass and left your little corner of the country every once in awhile, you'd discover that The Hip have been playing gobs of "small rock clubs" in lots of different states every single American tour.

And if you can't handle someone shooting you straight, then maybe you should go find mommy and have her lie to you over some hot chocolate.
Reply
#25

i'm just glad i get to go to a show tonite, and nothing will get me pissed off!!!!
Reply
#26

opiated Wrote:i'm just glad i get to go to a show tonite, and nothing will get me pissed off!!!!

Not even a Nickelback cover in the encore? :lol:
Reply
#27

Good one. Anyhow, reagarding the Hip touring in the US.
The Hip playing in clubs is what truly sells the band. One sees them up close and says' "wow, these guys are busting their asses like this for me?"
Then they tell their friends. The week the Hip did in TO at the Phoenix built buzz for the band, people loved em all over again. If they went to New York and set up camp for a week in a bar, by the end of the week, the city would be buzzing about them. Go to LA, do the same...boom. A few more cities like that, and it'd be over. All of a sudden, World Container everywhere.
Doubtful you would see them in a bar again.
Reply
#28

Drez7 Wrote:
opiated Wrote:i'm just glad i get to go to a show tonite, and nothing will get me pissed off!!!!

Not even a Nickelback cover in the encore? :lol:

ouch....
Reply
#29

Yes mommy please lie to me over hot coco. Listen dude, I may have been a little harsh in regards to the fuck nuts and bum fucks. I tend to get cranky whenever King George rears his ugly head. For the record I have lived in Los Angeles, Seattle, Buffalo and Olympia over the past five years. Working in the film industry has allowed me to travel across the country not to mention my recent personal trips to Mexico and Canada. The best part of all this for me is I totally agree with what your saying. If you notice my first post expressed your point of view. I got excited about the club dates because I am sick of standing on the sides of mountains and on fishing Piers to see the Hip. And as for them breaking in the states I have had the same hope every time a new album comes out and I will never stop. :rambo:
Reply
#30

buffalorob Wrote:March 8, Harro East Ballroom.
I can now confirm what BuffaloRob said!!!

"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)