Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

My favorite Hip song is....
#16

Classically... Three pistols
Currently... Family Band
Reply
#17

laliber Wrote:Classically... Three pistols
Currently... Family Band

Here’s another Canadian myth, but like most Canadian myths this one happens to be true….Three Pistols
Reply
#18

how about Flamenco when Kate sang on it? Loved her voice. What is a good show with Kate shinging on it? She sang Flamenco and Yawning or Snarling right? Is there a show where they played both with her singing? Wow that would be something
Reply
#19

My fav song used to be fiddlers green until I had a kid of my own. Now that song makes me weep when I hear it. It makes me tremble to even think about losing my darling wee one.

My new fav song......FIGHT!
Reply
#20

can't believe it hasn't been mentioned yet...


AT THE HUNDREDTH MERIDIAN! AT THE HUNDREDTH MERIDIAN!

AT THE HUNDREDTH MERIDIAN! WHERE THE GREAT PLAINS BEGIN!
Reply
#21

oops - just changed again; now it's The Drop Off !
Reply
#22

bauer Wrote:My fav song used to be fiddlers green until I had a kid of my own. Now that song makes me weep when I hear it. It makes me tremble to even think about losing my darling wee one.

My new fav song......FIGHT!

I don't have kids, so i don't know how you feel but fiddler's green is my classical favorite but i am currently liking nautical disaster
Reply
#23

Nautical. Without a doubt. Not only my favourite Hip song, but my favourite song, period.
Reply
#24

The song that first got me into The Hip was 'My Music At Work' (I won't repeat the story which I did post in another thread), so that always has a special place in my heart. Also, after having bought the Music @ Work album, I fell in love with Lake Fever as well. It's a perfect song for cold, crisp, sunny winter days on the lead up to Christmas.

However, since getting Yer Favourites from my Girlfriend for Christmas last yeah, I was completely blown away by hearing Bobcaygeon and Nautical Disaster back-to-back (a combination that I was lucky enough to be treated to at the Shepards Bush show this summer as well Big Grin). Both fantastic songs which seem to really work well together, despite being at (prett much) opposite ends of the spectrum.

So, I think I'm gonna have to go with Nautical Disaster as my favourite song - this is, of course, subject to change at any given moment. Wink
Reply
#25

I thought Tiger The Lion was the best song on M@W
Reply
#26

bauer Wrote:My new fav song......FIGHT!

Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout! F'n incredible song.
Reply
#27

classic- Locked In the Trunk of a Car
current- Kids Don't Get It
Reply
#28

locked in the trunk and Emperor Penguin
Reply
#29

always been nautical disaster for me, since i first heard the song. lots of close seconds but as of late i can throw in 'in violet light' and just listen to 'dire wolf' on repeat.... along with the dark canuck to follow of course 8)
Reply
#30

grimes Wrote:Nautical. Without a doubt. Not only my favourite Hip song, but my favourite song, period.

I agree on both accounts,

props to Ballgame for pointing out "Flamenco" when Kate was singing- I love that version. I also love the "Wheat Kings" version with the guest violinist..
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)