Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Question about HIP vinyl (a general LP discussion thread)
#16

gambler Wrote:Question: the two different vinyl BMG's I have both have the lyrics. The MCA vinyl I have (and all the MCA's I've seen) do not have the lyrics. Did MCA release any with the lyrics?

J.
My MCA release does not have any lyrics printed, but it may not be a complete copy, it was purchased second hand.
Reply
#17

gambler Wrote:I've got the three EP's discussed (the black and orange label BMG, and the later MCA pressing), and ACSF isn't on any release.

There are three different cassettes that I have as well:
1) the original BMG tape (with the "cooler" cover, KZK1-0590)
2) the later MCA tape (with the 2nd cover, MCAC-37330)
3) an "in-between" version, 2nd cover, MCAC-37330, but on the back it says "Mfd. for BMG Direct Ltd. under license")
Likewise, ACSF isn't on any of these.

Question: the two different vinyl BMG's I have both have the lyrics. The MCA vinyl I have (and all the MCA's I've seen) do not have the lyrics. Did MCA release any with the lyrics?

J.
My Up To Here and Road Apples LPs (both US pressings) were sealed copies and did not include lyrics.

"They're your blues, we just play 'em"
Reply
#18

My thing is, what was pressed first -- the orange or black label RCA?

The MCA reissue vinyl had All Canadian on it, but this is a later re-issue (re-released with at least Up To Here -- Zap in Kingston had both of these about 3 years ago).

I have the orange label, which I bought in Kingston at Brian's. Complete with lyrics, etc. Also got a copy of the first tape there too (with the "cool" cover).

Cheers,

Pat
Reply
#19

Slightly off topic, but since we are talking about vinyl pressings...For those of you that have the Fully Completely LP, which pressing do you have? I am interested in how many different (countries) pressings were done. I know there is a Holland presssing, but have heard that there may also be UK and German pressings.

"They're your blues, we just play 'em"
Reply
#20

Ok, I've modified the name of this thread in the hopes we can pool our collective knowledge of all things Hip on vinyl. So this is a call to all you audiophiles ... post any and all info you have about Hip vinyl. I'd like to get a database going and have it posted somewhere online (hipbase.com maybe?) for all to access and use as a resource.

That being said, I've got a question that I'm hoping a few of you may be able to answer. I recently obtained a copy of the 12" vinyl single for Locked in the Trunk of a Car. It's a UK pressing and is backed on the b-side by live versions of Courage and Locked (both recorded live at the Horseshoe Tavern, Toronto, Sept 13th 1992). My question is this ... the ausio on b-side seems slow (the tempo is slow and the tone is probably a step below what it's normally played at) and I'm thinking I may just have a bad copy, can anyone who has this single on vinyl confirm the audio on the b-side is messed up?
Any and all insight is appreciated.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)