Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

The Official Luxury Soundtrack
#16

A theoretical soundtrack for The Luxury?

Hip - Looking For A Place To Happen :lol:

Non-Hip - hmmm... On To You by The Constantines since they're one of the openers.

Have to say, the Hip always gets the best and diverse opening acts: Constantines, Kathleen Edwards, Buck 65 - none alike and yet so complimentary to the Hip. :thumb:
Reply
#17

Hip: In View

Non - Hip: Rilo Kiley - Portions for Foxes
Reply
#18

Non-Hip : Knack - My Sharona (haha classic).
Hip : Wild Mountain Honey!

2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Reply
#19

Hip: Makeshift We Are
Non-Hip: Jurassic 5 - A Day At The Races
Reply
#20

So, are we just posting whatever songs are kicking are ass today? I think that's what this is slowly turning into...

Hip :: Everytime You Go
Non-Hip :: Elvis Costello & Allen Toussaint :: On Your Way Down

2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Reply
#21

sean.bonner Wrote:So, are we just posting whatever songs are kicking are ass today? I think that's what this is slowly turning into...

I think so - Sounds good to me! Big Grin (Oh, there's a joke in there somewhere. Wink)
Reply
#22

I'll play...

Hip – Eldorado (such an ultra-cool song)

Non-Hip – Wrong Girl, Jane’s Addiction (I’m a huge Jane’s Addiction fan and I think their last album “Strays” is as strong as anything they’ve put out to date)
Reply
#23

hip: the drop off

non hip - motown junk - manic street preachers
Reply
#24

ron Wrote:hip: the drop off

non hip - motown junk - manic street preachers

Sir, I tip my hat to you! Big Grin 8) It's nice to know there is another Manics fan on here! :thumb: A superb choice as well.
Reply
#25

the preachers are just so good did they ever find out what happened to richey ? that is just plain weird i have the holy bible 10th anniversay edition and it is great with the euro and american versions of the cd + a dvd
but forever delayed got me hooked especially if you tolerate this then your children will be next.


ron
Reply
#26

HIP: Dire Wolf

Non Hip:Ribosomal - Kevin Saunderson

Does anyone else listen to house or drum and bass?
Reply
#27

ron Wrote:the preachers are just so good did they ever find out what happened to richey ? that is just plain weird i have the holy bible 10th anniversay edition and it is great with the euro and american versions of the cd + a dvd
but forever delayed got me hooked especially if you tolerate this then your children will be next.


ron

Ron, I am so happy to hear you say that! Big Grin No, no one knows for sure what happened to Richey - it's a very intriguing story though. I definitely think that the Canadian/US mix of The Holy Bible is a whole lot better than the UK version. It's a lot punchier. If you ever come across an orginal pressing of the Canadian mix, be sure to buy it - it's quite a collectors item!

'Tolerate...' is a great tune, and great live. I'm glad you like Forever Delayed (check out the site of the same name as well Wink). They're on tour in May and June - I'm really excited! :thumb: Me and my recording gear will be at eight of the dates!
Reply
#28

edit/n/m :oops:
Reply
#29

Hip: Daddy
Non-Hip: Brian Borcherdt - Motel <--- Yet Another hidden Canadian gem!

2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Reply
#30

The Hip: Train Overnight
Non-Hip: Bruce Springsteen "I'm on Fire".

-Jenna
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)