Posts: 929
Threads: 34
Joined: Jul 2006
Reputation:
0
okay, we're all here because, to varying degrees, we've supported the site, so, lets have our own little discussion here.
The idea: Pick one Hip and one Non Hip song, to make a theoretical soundtrack for The Luxury.
For me, as I'm beginning
Bobcaygeon - obvious I know, but probably still my favourite Hip song!
Non Hip: Teddy Thompson - Shine So Bright The first song on his second album and a great statement of inetent.
Come say hi on twitter
@MattMerritt
Posts: 689
Threads: 47
Joined: May 2004
Reputation:
0
I don't entirely understand...and yet...
Hip Song: Toronto #4
Non Hip Song : Game of Pricks GBV
Posts: 929
Threads: 34
Joined: Jul 2006
Reputation:
0
just something to see peoples tastes really... it might spark ideas for other music to look up, or remind you of a Hip song you've overlooked for a while... plus it gets activity going in here...
Come say hi on twitter
@MattMerritt
Posts: 994
Threads: 33
Joined: Dec 2004
Reputation:
0
ill play :thumb:
hip - lookin for a place to happen (hehe)
non-hip : dropout - urge overkill
Posts: 5,352
Threads: 277
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
Hip: Opiated
Non Hip: 0157:H7, by I Mother Earth
Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Posts: 1,585
Threads: 60
Joined: Aug 2002
Reputation:
0
hip: a beautiful thing
non-hip: blind melon-change
Posts: 929
Threads: 34
Joined: Jul 2006
Reputation:
0
Blind Melon :thumb: really beginning to get into them...
Come say hi on twitter
@MattMerritt
Posts: 7,289
Threads: 811
Joined: Apr 2005
Reputation:
0
Hip: Nashville
Non-Hip: Porno For Pyros - Pets
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Posts: 6,734
Threads: 665
Joined: Jun 2002
Reputation:
0
Hip: Scared
Genesis: Mama
(Sean - I think alot of your music tastes and mine coincide - Pyros - Peter Gabriel - The Hip, etc - you have good taste in music
If you really like Pyros - you should check out Perry Ferrells solo album: Song Yet To Be Sung - one of my top ten island disks.)
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Posts: 653
Threads: 16
Joined: Jun 2005
Reputation:
0
for hip, it has to be Are We Family.
Posts: 5,352
Threads: 277
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
MattyM Wrote:Blind Melon :thumb: really beginning to get into them...
Funny you should mention that, I just read this the other day..
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.chartattack.com/DAMN/2006/10/1908.cfm">http://www.chartattack.com/DAMN/2006/10/1908.cfm</a><!-- m -->
I personally dont care, but there's probably a few diehard still out there that do.
Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Posts: 929
Threads: 34
Joined: Jul 2006
Reputation:
0
Yeah, for me personally, his voice was so much a part of their sound that I couldn't see myself going to one of their shows now.
Come say hi on twitter
@MattMerritt
Posts: 7,289
Threads: 811
Joined: Apr 2005
Reputation:
0
Today: Hip = Unplucked Gems (live)
Non Hip: Billy Joel - Angry Young Man (live)
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Posts: 108
Threads: 4
Joined: Apr 2006
Reputation:
0
Let me play! :jump
Hip:World Container
Non Hip:John Lennon-Imagine
Some may say this is bold but that was what I thought the first time I heard the new album's title track...
Posts: 1,674
Threads: 70
Joined: Jul 2006
Reputation:
0
Hip: Nautical Disaster
Non-Hip: Manic Street Preachers - A Design For Life