Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

dancing days and other cool covers
#16

our lady peace -- the needle and the damage done
cake --- i will survive
jeff buckley --- hallelujah
johnny cash -- - hurt
pearl jam --- last kiss
catherine wheel ---- wish you were here
manic street preachers --- suicide is painless ( theme from mash)
Reply
#17

Ron, I second your Cake..."I should have changed that f*cking lock"... I love it.

Bangles - Hazy Shade of Winter (I will not be embarrased)
Slayer - In-a-gadda-da-vida (Araya's voice when he sings the title is absolutely fantastic!)

Coincidentally, both of those are off the Less than Zero soundtrack

I also love Gordies version of Fortunate Son
Reply
#18

I forgot one, the Barenaked Ladies cover of Bruce's "Lovers in a Dangerous Time" is one of my favorites.

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply
#19

2 more occured to me today...

Cowboy Junkies doing The Velvet Underground's "Sweet Jane" on the Trinity Sessions...as far as I'm concerned, Margo Timmons has the sexiest voice of any female, and this song only emphasizes that fact.

Sarah McLachlan doing "Blackbird" by the Beatles on a soundtrack that I can't remember. Beautiful song, beautiful rendition.
Reply
#20

Billy Wrote:.

Sarah McLachlan doing "Blackbird" by the Beatles on a soundtrack that I can't remember. Beautiful song, beautiful rendition.

that's from the I Am Sam soundtrack, in which some tunes worked, and some were just crap...Rufus Wainwrights across the universe is amazing, as is the sterophonics don't let me down, and ben harpers Strawberry Fields
Reply
#21

Is that where Eddie Vedder sings "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away"?

2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Reply
#22

sean.bonner Wrote:Is that where Eddie Vedder sings "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away"?

yeah..forgot about that one as well
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)