Posts: 1,250
Threads: 13
Joined: Sep 2005
Reputation:
0
I've always liked Pam, but she shouldn't be hosting award shows like the Juno's.
Posts: 791
Threads: 140
Joined: Jul 2002
Reputation:
0
Well, folks, my lady and were there last night, right up against the stage. When Pammy came out at the start of the show, I was about 5 feet behind her. Tiny woman, but she has great presence. The crowd, overall, did not like her. Quite a negative vibe when she mentioned the seal hunt thing, getting booed and what not. The show itself was very much a "production" atmosphere, timing was everything, but I enjoyed most of the performances. I know a lot of people here absolutely desp[ise the Black Eyed Peas, but God bless 'em for coming out and pouring 110% of themselves into the one song. They gave off a lot of energy. That dude from Hedley (Jacob Hoggard??) renminded me of a young Mick Jagger, strutting around like a chicken with somewhere to be. He struck me as an over-the-top, flamboyant gay man. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Coldplay was phenomenal. Chris Martin looked like he was genuinely thrilled to be there, and he chatted with us during commercials. Bryan Adams was cool, we got to play his guitar during the song, and Michael Buble has an amazing voice. Good on him for winning all of those awards. Divine Brown was easily the most impressive of the night. Super pipes!
All in all, worth every penny of the $310 for two tickets. A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. I'd do it again in a second...
Rory
Halifax
p.s. Congrats to the Hip and Will Ruocco for winning Best Music DVD of the Year, and DVD Artwork. I wore my IVL shirt, and was the only one cheering like a madman when they announced the awards on the big screens.