Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

The Hip Confirm Live 8
#16

gratts99 Wrote:motley crue???

no really...
motley crue??


I was thinking the same thing. What an incredibly bizarre choice to have at a benefit concert for Africa. These guys don't have a charitable bone in their groupie/cocaine ravaged bodies. I'm guessing they're doing it just so they can look cool. I'm gonna puke if these idiots are the headliners. I'd like to think that wouldn't happen, but you never know. The oganizers might want a "big American band" to headline so that it gets more attention overseas.

Speaking of which, anyone see Great Big Sea's Alan Doyle laughing when they mentioned Motley Crue at the press conference? Funny stuff.
Reply
#17

direwolf74 Wrote:Speaking of which, anyone see Great Big Sea's Alan Doyle laughing when they mentioned Motley Crue at the press conference? Funny stuff.
Actually, it was Jeremy Taggart (OLP) who was sitting directly behind Michael Cohl during the announcement (see <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ctv.ca/canada">http://www.ctv.ca/canada</a><!-- m --> for the presser), but I laughed out loud when I heard that they would be included, so I'm not surprised...

This is precisely what I think of when I think of starving children...:

[Image: intro.jpg]

:roll:
Reply
#18

chris Wrote:It’s expected at least 150,000 will attend the concert,

can molson park.. errr park place hold that many people??
Reply
#19

farmerdan69 Wrote:
chris Wrote:It’s expected at least 150,000 will attend the concert,

can molson park.. errr park place hold that many people??
I just copied the post from Henhouse... as I think that it can only hold about 35,000 people...
Reply
#20

chris Wrote:
farmerdan69 Wrote:
chris Wrote:It’s expected at least 150,000 will attend the concert,

can molson park.. errr park place hold that many people??
I just copied the post from Henhouse... as I think that it can only hold about 35,000 people...

now that sounds more accurate
Reply
#21

I was thinking 50,000 if they really pushed it...

For those either not in the know, or who've had memory lapses ( :wink: ) at the park, the HOB site has a nice slideshow showing the park and surrounding area...

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.hob.com/venues/concerts/molsonpark/">http://www.hob.com/venues/concerts/molsonpark/</a><!-- m -->

No way they get 150,000 (safely!) into that site...
Reply
#22

With the amount of bands lined up, I don't think anyone is going to be a headliner really, each performer can't be playing much more than a couple of songs. I think I will watch it on tv, maybe it will be in HD.
Reply
#23

Also from the HOB site:

Quote:general capacity seating

Approximately 38,000.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.hob.com/venues/concerts/molsonpark/seating.asp">http://www.hob.com/venues/concerts/mols ... eating.asp</a><!-- m -->

Damn, Chris...you're good! :wink:
Reply
#24

I can see Gord going to the mic first thing when the Hip (hopefully the Hip, and not the f'n Crue close the show) and saying....."I thought we closed this f'n place 2 years ago?"...
Reply
#25

For those who want to study the test ahead of time....

According to Live 8 and Make Poverty History, what can the G8 leaders do to help make poverty history?

A) Increase foreign aid
B) Cancel the debt of poor countries
C) Make trade rules fair for the poor
D) All of the above

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1119352066774_150/?hub=Entertainment">http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/s ... ertainment</a><!-- m -->
Reply
#26

Hey, Yahoo News just said that Motley Crue isn't going to play Live 8, that they got turned down. I guess this means the Hip'll have to be the big closers, huh? :wink:
Reply
#27

SoylentGreg Wrote:Hey, Yahoo News just said that Motley Crue isn't going to play Live 8, that they got turned down. I guess this means the Hip'll have to be the big closers, huh? :wink:

Is there a link for that? I just checked Yahoo news and they're still listed as one of the performers.
Reply
#28

The Crue got turned down for the original shows in London, Paris, Phily, etc... they really wanted to be a part of this. And by the way, The Hip WILL be the closer. They have to be...No one will stick around for the Crue after the Hip. NO ONE. You better not!
Reply
#29

I've been busy today, so I did not learn anything on this till I just heard on the edge 102.1. They failed to mention the Hip, I hope this was just an accidental ommision, as they also failed to mention the venue?
Reply
#30

Damn, that Barrie line-up sure looks a hell of a lot better than Philli's...
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)