Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

according to Spin magazine..
#16

Chris Tanz Wrote:for me, Radiohead is like this: everyonce in a while I remember that I have all their albums, and I think to myself, "I really should listen to them because their all incredible soundscapes that will transport me to a different state of mind". And then I never get around to it, because it seems like too much time and effort would be required to enjoy the albums, even though on a certain level I know they're really good.

they kind of demand that you plug in with earphones and listen to them in a dark room and have 6 or 7 hours to take it all in (the stuff after The Bends at least).

which isn't a bad thing, I guess.

ct

When OK Computer first came out I bought it because I loved The Bends. I listened to it a few times and went, "huh?", and that was it for a few months. Then riding a bus one night in Poland (don't ask) I pulled it out to listen to it again and was totally blown away. It's been one of my favorite albums ever since.

So yes, a dark room with headphones is definitely the way to go with OK Computer. Smile
Reply
#17

beanmedic Wrote:Wizardry has no place in rock & roll.

Tell that to Zeppelin. Whether you're talking literally or figuritvely, Zepplin is guilty on both accounts.
Reply
#18

Billy Wrote:
beanmedic Wrote:Wizardry has no place in rock & roll.

Tell that to Zeppelin. Whether you're talking literally or figuritvely, Zepplin is guilty on both accounts.

Haha, I just thought it sounded cool. I was picturing a group of wizards dressed in the appropriate attire, jamming away.
Reply
#19

j-monster Wrote:Am I alone here, or does anyone else think Radiohead are overly precious and pretentious? I think they got so consumed with technical brilliance and wizardry that they sucked all the heart and soul out of their music. That's just my opinion, of course, I could be wrong.
No you're not wrong, spot on in fact. Ok computer is just that OK, the Bends was a waaay better album I dont know why no one thinks that, OK was the beginning of the end of Radiohead [imo] everything that came after that was garbage. And as for that list, and like NMAS said, its all subjective, but still when a magazine or someone makes a list it raises some questions like: Are you f**ing mental!!
No Hip!! :censored Damn american rags, hey there is a country up here you know!!!!!!!
No Pearl Jam-who can argue with that?
No Oasis-definitely maybe should of been on that list!
No Soundgarden-have they even heard superunknown?
Maybe STP-purple was awesome, core too
How bout Coldplay (yeah stick it) Tongue
or maybe U2, The Joshua Tree was released in the last 20 years was it not? Metallica? R.E.M? Neil Young? The Cure?

BAH!

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)