Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

What Song Will We Never Hear Live Again??
#16

i hope butts wigglin never gets retired and heart of the melt and and and :wink:

thumbs up to the band for mixing up the setlists night after night :thumb:

they're keepin it REAL
Reply
#17

Leave - Baker told us at the Queen E show in Vancouver on the IVL tour that they don't play it because that wierd guitar sound is a riff that Paul played backwards through a synthesizer and thus can't be recreated.

Throwing Off Glass
The Entire EP
Fiddler's Green and Fight
(Been a while since Gems as well)
Emergency, Inch an Hour, and Impossibilium
Butts Wigglin, Coconut Cream, Appartment Song, Sherpa, Engaged and Put It Off

Thompson Girl, The Rules, Save The Planet
Tiger The Lion, Stay, The Bastard, Sharks, Wild Mountain Honey, The Bear, Train Overnight, Pines
(Wouldn't it be great to hear The Bear?)


I feel pretty safe saying we won't hear any of these anytime soon

Stickboy
Reply
#18

Stickboy Wrote:Leave - Baker told us at the Queen E show in Vancouver on the IVL tour that they don't play it because that wierd guitar sound is a riff that Paul played backwards through a synthesizer and thus can't be recreated.

Throwing Off Glass
The Entire EP
Fiddler's Green and Fight
(Been a while since Gems as well)
Emergency, Inch an Hour, and Impossibilium
Butts Wigglin, Coconut Cream, Appartment Song, Sherpa, Engaged and Put It Off

Thompson Girl, The Rules, Save The Planet
Tiger The Lion, Stay, The Bastard, Sharks, Wild Mountain Honey, The Bear, Train Overnight, Pines
(Wouldn't it be great to hear The Bear?)


I feel pretty safe saying we won't hear any of these anytime soon

Stickboy

Alot of the songs you listed - most of them - were played as recently as the "Evening With" tour.
I could see some of them making a comeback.

"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Reply
#19

NMAS Wrote:Dumb THread

thanks ... appreciate the input.

In response to those who don't think it's a dumb thread, did "As I Wind Down the Pines" ever make an appearance? That would also be on my Never Again list.

CT
Reply
#20

Chris Tanz Wrote:
NMAS Wrote:Dumb THread

thanks ... appreciate the input...

CT

That's cool! 8) :thumb: :lol:

1995-04-07 Toledo | 1996-06-29 Toledo | 1996-11-23 Detroit | 1998-08-22 Toledo | 1999-02-12 Auburn Hills |
1999-05-05 Grand Rapids | 1999-07-31 Clarkston | 1999-12-31 Toronto | 2000-01-01 Toronto |
2000-06-14 Pontiac | 2000-07-15 Clarkston | 2000-12-02 Detroit | 2002-08-31 Clarkston |
2004-09-18 Detroit | 2007-04-12 Detroit | 2009-05-29 Detroit | 2012-11-28 Detroit | 2016-08-08 London | 2016-08-16 Hamilton
Reply
#21

Stickboy Wrote:Leave - Baker told us at the Queen E show in Vancouver on the IVL tour that they don't play it because that wierd guitar sound is a riff that Paul played backwards through a synthesizer and thus can't be recreated.

Throwing Off Glass
The Entire EP
Fiddler's Green and Fight
(Been a while since Gems as well)
Emergency, Inch an Hour, and Impossibilium
Butts Wigglin, Coconut Cream, Appartment Song, Sherpa, Engaged and Put It Off

Thompson Girl, The Rules, Save The Planet
Tiger The Lion, Stay, The Bastard, Sharks, Wild Mountain Honey, The Bear, Train Overnight, Pines
(Wouldn't it be great to hear The Bear?)


I feel pretty safe saying we won't hear any of these anytime soon

Stickboy
If I they dont play Inch an Hour anymore Ill be real dissapointed, thats a great song, it will be missed. Cry

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply
#22

Chris Tanz Wrote:
NMAS Wrote:Dumb THread

thanks ... appreciate the input.

In response to those who don't think it's a dumb thread, did "As I Wind Down the Pines" ever make an appearance? That would also be on my Never Again list.

CT

I dont' remember ever seeing it on a set list, and according to the site tracker it hasnt
Reply
#23

I saw quite a few of the songs I listed on the evening with tour, but I just don't see them coming back out again

The evening with tour provided an opportunity I am not sure we will ever have again to hear tunes from the back catalogue because the show lengths allowed for added tunes. I don't know if that will ever happen again.

Stickboy
Reply
#24

scottitude Wrote:
Chris Tanz Wrote:
NMAS Wrote:Dumb THread

thanks ... appreciate the input...

CT

That's cool! 8) :thumb: :lol:

I don't see the point in even contemplating this, its not up to anybody but the band which songs to play and which songs to retire.
Some of you guys just have too much time on your hands i guess.
Reply
#25

NMAS Wrote:Dumb THread

The only thing dumb here is your response.
Reply
#26

Oh right ... my mistake. Suppose I should have made it clear that this thread wasn't actually about us mandating to the Hip that they could not play these songs again. Rather, it was just a bunch of hip fans discussing which songs might not be played again based on the direction in which we see the band going as a result of setlists that are being played during the current tour.

I can see how all of this may have been misleading.

And since none of us are the Hip and discussing the band is, in the end, sisyphean in its pointlessness, we will now commence not contemplating anything, as per your directive.

I also note the high-octane fuel efficiency of posting "Dumb THread" and then stating that some guys have too much time on their hands.

your chum,
CT
Reply
#27

Billy Wrote:
NMAS Wrote:Dumb THread

The only thing dumb here is your response.

:thumb:

I find that the people who truly have too much time on their hands are the people that accuse others of having too much time on their hands.
Reply
#28

Billy Wrote:
NMAS Wrote:Dumb THread

The only thing dumb here is your response.
Okay Billy! whatever you say.

I just think that most of the people on this site have better things to discuss than which songs may be retired.
Reply
#29

NMAS Wrote:
Billy Wrote:
NMAS Wrote:Dumb THread

The only thing dumb here is your response.
Okay Billy! whatever you say.

I just think that most of the people on this site have better things to discuss than which songs may be retired.

Such as what? Criticize other people's topics of discussion? It's a topic that someone was interested in and others have posted to it, so it has clearly been interesting for some. What's the point of ripping the thread? Here's an idea - in the future if you think the thread is dumb then don't click on it. Use your valuable time elsewhere.
Reply
#30

Yeah, thats what I will do, cause clearly the people that have interesting things to talk about are not using this thread.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)