Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Best band you never heard of......
#16

Wow this is an old thread!

There is a band that is from the town I live in. They are recording their first album like now. Make sure to check them out. Attic Of Love

Also saw a cool band open for Meat Loaf once, The Screaming Cheetah Wheelies. awesome live band and never heard from them again.
Reply
#17

best band never heard of is Beanmedic's Fear No Art
Reply
#18

thipfan73 Wrote:Wow this is an old thread!

It was started yesterday. Confusedcratch:
Reply
#19

beanmedic Wrote:
thipfan73 Wrote:Wow this is an old thread!

It was started yesterday. Confusedcratch:


hehehe OOPS!
Reply
#20

Rose Hill Drive- Check em out.
Reply
#21

Solo artist out of Bangor Maine named Howie Day. When he is actually performing solo (he does some stuff with a band), he uses looping pedals to create the feeling of a backing band. he also loops his voice to create the feeling on multiple singers. It's absolutely fantastic.

Him and another solo artist named Matt Nathanson. Great stuff!
Reply
#22

im guessing alot of people know who Howie Day is. And if they dont, they should.

Man-Sized Eldorado Wrote:Solo artist out of Bangor Maine named Howie Day. When he is actually performing solo (he does some stuff with a band), he uses looping pedals to create the feeling of a backing band. he also loops his voice to create the feeling on multiple singers. It's absolutely fantastic.

Him and another solo artist named Matt Nathanson. Great stuff!
Reply
#23

I have to add my two cents to this thread..

Carbon Leaf- best folk/celtic/jam band out of my home state of Virginia! Their live show is something not to be missed, Barry is a mad man on the tin whistle and a great singer and Carter is a virtuoso on mandolin. If some kind East Coast soul could hook me up with a live show, I'd be eternally grateful.

Be Good Tanyas- this all woman folk trio from Vancouver is unfortunately no longer together, but I highly recommend their album Chinatown, among others. Also check out their successor, Po' Girl.

On another note, where can I find some Cuff the Duke songs? I searched Kazaa but no luck Sad I found some Arcade Fire stuff there, sounds excellent.
Reply
#24

Wil! and As the Poets Affirm. They just had their CD release party for their second CD here in Ottawa, and the place was packed.
Reply
#25

VioletlightHeron Wrote:On another note, where can I find some Cuff the Duke songs? I searched Kazaa but no luck Sad I found some Arcade Fire stuff there, sounds excellent.

I was able to find some Cuff songs on Kazaa Lite... try searching again, maybe the songs I found will show up in your search, then you can download those... good luck. :thumb:
Reply
#26

Peter Elkas :thumb:
Reply
#27

Quote:im guessing alot of people know who Howie Day is. And if they dont, they should.

I have found that he has a nice following in the States but Canada has no clue who he is. He plays once every two years in Canada - only in Toronto and he gets 200 people to the shows at best. I agree, more people should know about him - that's why I listed his name.

I will even do a b&p for a great two-disc CD set of one of his live performances if anyone is interested.

PM me if so.
Reply
#28

Fred J Eaglesmith and the Flying Squirrels. From Port Dover Ontario.

Folk/Bluegrass/Country - amazing songwriter.
Reply
#29

If your going to say Fred, then you've got to say Willie P Bennett. However, Fred and Willie are legendary in folk circles.
Reply
#30

HipTrip Wrote:Fred J Eaglesmith and the Flying Squirrels. From Port Dover Ontario.

Folk/Bluegrass/Country - amazing songwriter.

I was under the impression Fred was from Regina for some reason.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)