Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Any voting horror stories out there?
#16

Gov'tMule Wrote:I don't vote.

It just encourages the bastards.
Confusedcratch:

Then maybe you should move to a country where people don't possess the right to vote for their leaders, you'd probably feel more comfortable there.
:roll:
Reply
#17

tragicallymike Wrote:I just voted....no line for my district and no problems at all. Straight down the Dem Line.....i voted for one lady because she had a guy standing in the rain handing out flyers and the other candidate didnt.

Now that's a horror story if I've ever heard one!!! :wink:
Reply
#18

Kim Wrote:Unverifiable in what sense? You mean whether her vote was actually corrected in the end?

Whether her statements regarding what happened are true.

How could you verify them? You can't.
Reply
#19

Here's another interesting article...

[/url]http://www.freep.com/news/politics/deceased1e_20041101.htm[url][/url]
Reply
#20

tommygunn Wrote:
Gov'tMule Wrote:I don't vote.

It just encourages the bastards.
Confusedcratch:

Then maybe you should move to a country where people don't possess the right to vote for their leaders, you'd probably feel more comfortable there.
:roll:

At least I won't be fooled into thinking that voting makes any difference in the power structure.
Perhaps I'll move to a country where people can exercise the true principals of a representative republic...like Afghanistan or Iraq.
Reply
#21

Tthip Wrote:I went to vote - and there were two lines with two booths.
One line had over 100 people - the other line had 1 person.
Hmm, I try the one with one person, and it was not my line - the line with 100 people had a broken machine and you had to fill out ballots.
Needless to say - I did not vote yet.

Why not? This is too important not to vote.

edit: sorry I just reread your response...I missed the "yet" at the end.
Reply
#22

A friend of mine posted this in another forum...


*********************TODAY WAS THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE I HAVE EVER VOTED*********************

I registered to vote through Head Count at the show I saw in St. Louis this summer and I never got a voter registration card in the mail so last week I called the appropriate office here in my city and told them my sitch and they said "Your name is on the books. All you will need to bring with you on Nov.2nd is a photo ID and you can vote."

So I got up early this morning and went to the polling place and stood in line for about 30 minutes and when it was my turn to speak to the lady taking care of the voters with the last name beginning with "H" and pointing them in the right direction I showed her my ID and told her I did not have a card. She looked at my ID and confirmed my name and address with the one she had in her book and then she told me I could not vote because the address on my DL was not the same as my current address. I told her what the person that I talked to on the phone the other day told me and she insisted that I got "incorrect information" and that I could not vote. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN I CANNOT VOTE!?!?" She tried explaining that my addresses had to match up and I said that "I don't go and get a new ID every time I move that is ignorant!" She called someone else over and explind the sitch to them and he said all I had to do was bring them something with my current address printed on it and that I would have to come back when I could do that. "FINE. I WILL BE BACK!" I told them.

So I get in my car and drive home to get a piece of mail with my current fucking address on it. I get home and I start going through my mail and I came across a cable bill, a utility bill, a phone bill, and then I got to the one I was really looking for and put it in my pocket and headed back for the polling place. When I got back the lines were longer and I waited another 45 minutes until it was once again my turn. I go back to the same lady that sent me home before and I stuck my ID in her face along with the piece of mail with my current address on it that I chose to take with me. "This is a bill from PLAYBOY MAGAZINE!?!?" she said as all of the people within earshot chuckled. "Yes it is I said but you do see my name and my current address which does match the one in your book don't you?" 'You said a piece of mail was all I would need and well there ya go." She looked up at me and I could tell she was livid and I smiled back at her as she handed me my very first voting ballot and sent me to my booth. "have a nice day" I said to her as I walked away. "NEXT" she said.

So I got to vote today for the first time in my life and I am very proud of the decisions that I made. I hope that the best man wins and we are soon on a pathway to peace and change not only in our own country but every other one we inhabit.
Reply
#23

I had the joy of touch screen for the first time today. One of the brilliancies being that you can correct anything which did not suit your intent.

I also got to write myself in for City Council & Chief of Police.
Reply
#24

Gov'tMule Wrote:
tommygunn Wrote:
Gov'tMule Wrote:I don't vote.

It just encourages the bastards.
Confusedcratch:

Then maybe you should move to a country where people don't possess the right to vote for their leaders, you'd probably feel more comfortable there.
:roll:

At least I won't be fooled into thinking that voting makes any difference in the power structure.
Perhaps I'll move to a country where people can exercise the true principals of a representative republic...like Afghanistan or Iraq.

Confusedhock:
Okay, so you understand the reality of the Electoral College vs. popular vote. That tells me you paid attention in high school, which is more than I can say for some people I know who refuse to believe that their vote won't really affect the outcome.

On the other hand, do you honestly believe that any human being has the right to hack the heads off of innocent people in the name of their alleged god, or are you kidding?

You're kidding, right? Confusedcratch:

1995-04-07 Toledo | 1996-06-29 Toledo | 1996-11-23 Detroit | 1998-08-22 Toledo | 1999-02-12 Auburn Hills |
1999-05-05 Grand Rapids | 1999-07-31 Clarkston | 1999-12-31 Toronto | 2000-01-01 Toronto |
2000-06-14 Pontiac | 2000-07-15 Clarkston | 2000-12-02 Detroit | 2002-08-31 Clarkston |
2004-09-18 Detroit | 2007-04-12 Detroit | 2009-05-29 Detroit | 2012-11-28 Detroit | 2016-08-08 London | 2016-08-16 Hamilton
Reply
#25

Kidding? Moi?

I'm and Existential Anarchist...I believe in government of the confused, by the absurd and for no reason.

Looks like I got it.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)