Posts: 582
Threads: 39
Joined: Aug 2002
Reputation:
0
Read this from the AP wire:
U.S. poll problems
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Politics/US/2004/11/02/697444.html">http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Politics/US ... 97444.html</a><!-- m -->
...and wondered if any of our US Hipbasers had any similar stories about voting problems today?
If so, look on the bright side...it could be worse...you could be in Florida: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.pcsympathy.com/Voting_Machine.wmv">http://www.pcsympathy.com/Voting_Machine.wmv</a><!-- m -->
Happy election day folks!
M.
Posts: 1,414
Threads: 73
Joined: Sep 2002
Reputation:
0
Actually, we voted around 9:30 this morning and it couldn't have run any smoother :thumb:
Posts: 2,025
Threads: 109
Joined: Jan 2003
Reputation:
0
There are at least 5 girls on my floor whose absentee ballots have been "misplaced"...all of them registered as Dems. The Republicans on the floor (who are from the same selections of states, New York, Ohio, and Pennsylvania) received their ballots in a timely fashion. That just seems really off to me. :?
-Jenna
Posts: 875
Threads: 42
Joined: Jul 2002
Reputation:
0
Lofty,
I guess I am a geek to, I will be watching all night as well.
Posts: 1,515
Threads: 125
Joined: Feb 2004
Reputation:
0
Yes, here too..why not? It's a huge deal.
Posts: 969
Threads: 16
Joined: Apr 2003
Reputation:
0
I was just watching CNN for a bit and they were interviewing this woman who had just cast her vote in Florida. She's a Democrat and cast her vote accordingly (whoopee!) but then when the review screen popped up, it showed that she voted Republican! She immediately contacted an attorney and made sure her vote was registered correctly but what if she's one of the lucky ones? Who knows how many other votes have been tampered with already? Ugh, this makes me so sick.
Posts: 6,734
Threads: 665
Joined: Jun 2002
Reputation:
0
I went to vote - and there were two lines with two booths.
One line had over 100 people - the other line had 1 person.
Hmm, I try the one with one person, and it was not my line - the line with 100 people had a broken machine and you had to fill out ballots.
Needless to say - I did not vote yet.
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Posts: 146
Threads: 20
Joined: Jan 2003
Reputation:
0
I don't vote.
It just encourages the bastards.
Posts: 969
Threads: 16
Joined: Apr 2003
Reputation:
0
Unverifiable in what sense? You mean whether her vote was actually corrected in the end?
Posts: 913
Threads: 58
Joined: Feb 2004
Reputation:
0
I just voted....no line for my district and no problems at all. Straight down the Dem Line.....i voted for one lady because she had a guy standing in the rain handing out flyers and the other candidate didnt. Now thats what i call voting on the issues!!!!