Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Need a Hip girl
#16

I've never had a pick up line used on me but I think my favorite is probably

"You must be tired"

"Why?"

"Because you've been running through my head all night"

Seriously, my personal fave is "hi"
Reply
#17

I won't excercise my particular special brand of humour in these situations. See "Need a female date for tonight".

Actually, I hope you find the right person. Seriously. I have never known the pleasure of having a girlfriend, or even a best friend, who loved the same music I do. I somehow manage to meet people who have differing tastes, or are Philistines and don't appreciate the finer points of music at all.
Reply
#18

Yeah, reading grooveless's post, I should say something nice. I hope you find the right person too.

However, this thread has inspired me to want to start a "Hip pick up lines" thread :lol:
Reply
#19

RE: "Although Brazle's plan is indeed foolproof, you can do what I did. Start dating a girl that really doesn't know The Hip, and then play it all the time until she loves them. Then propose, because that only happens once in a lifetime."

That's most of the women I've dated in the last 11 years.
:mrgreen:

We American Hip fans have an unfair advantage though. We are few and far between, so wooing women by drunkenly crooning Leave at 2am (then busting out with a Tom Jones rendition of This Guy's In Love With You) is a little more novel.

Unless I really am the only person who gets women that way?
Reply
#20

FighterAndLover Wrote:
Stephen Dame Wrote:Busted. Damn... You're right. "Nice shoes... wanna screw?" is WAY more effective.

How about "Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?"
Or else "Screw me if I'm wrong, but you want to screw me, don't you?"

But really- are there any young hip ladies out there?
Yep i know plenty but they are all in Ontario sorry man
Reply
#21

My suggestion is to find a girl at a hip show and protect her from the drunken *entitled* assholes who try to knock her over, or drag her down the street. That's how my boyfriend got me! :thumb:

-Jenna
Reply
#22

I let a girl climb onto my shoulders for 20 minutes at a Hip show. Didn't get me anywhere! She used me!! :lol:
Reply
#23

grooveless touque Wrote:I let a girl climb onto my shoulders for 20 minutes at a Hip show. Didn't get me anywhere! She used me!! :lol:

I got duped by that one too Neil...so don't feel bad. Those girls, they chew you up, spit you out, and leave you with a sore neck. :lol: :wink:

-Jenna
Reply
#24

Well, the worst part of it was she flashed the band and I didn't see it. All I saw was camera flashes lighting her up, and I looked up, but it was too late. Never again!!
Reply
#25

ive been with my lad for years now...ive gotten him to the point of liking the hip..but, he has to say to me at least once a week.."IS the hip the only f*@king station we get?!?" Tongue They pretty much monopolize my cd cartridge. but he likes them. (yeah hed better or i'll....... :twisted:
Reply
#26

Jenna_Bird Wrote:My suggestion is to find a girl at a hip show and protect her from the drunken *entitled* assholes who try to knock her over, or drag her down the street. That's how my boyfriend got me! :thumb:-Jenna

Good advice, except the '*entitled*' ones are those who keep to themselves and intently watch the show - the drunken assholes are the ones that came to hear Courage, Bobcaygeon, Ahead by a Century, Meridian and NOIS , and terrorize women while anything else is being played.....
Reply
#27

The Horrible Esthete Wrote:
Jenna_Bird Wrote:My suggestion is to find a girl at a hip show and protect her from the drunken *entitled* assholes who try to knock her over, or drag her down the street. That's how my boyfriend got me! :thumb:-Jenna

Good advice, except the '*entitled*' ones are those who keep to themselves and intently watch the show - the drunken assholes are the ones that came to hear Courage, Bobcaygeon, Ahead by a Century, Meridian and NOIS , and terrorize women while anything else is being played.....

True dat! I still can't get over the Gord Downie concert last September and the moron yelling "KILLERWHALETANK, KILLERWHALETANK". Uh, wrong band asswipe. Also, the only song anyone knew of Gord's was "Pascal's Submarine" so a big herd of dumb jocks proceeded to elbow everything in their way on their way to the front. Oh, how I wish I had a stun gun for moments like that! I can truly understand where bands like Sloan and others are coming from when they say stuff like, "it's not the band, it's the fans i hate".
Reply
#28

[quote="tigerthelion"] Oh, how I wish I had a stun gun for moments like that! quote]

Dude, put down the gun...
It's weird cuz on another forum my name is TigerTheLion, so I come here and sometimes I get confused, like, "Hey, I never said that!....oh!"
Reply
#29

The Horrible Esthete Wrote:the drunken assholes are the ones that came to hear Courage, Bobcaygeon, Ahead by a Century, Meridian and NOIS ...

(Asinine remark removed.)

Assholes are assholes. It ain't because of what they came to listen to. I know a dozen guys who would go to a Hip show just to hear those songs, but who aren't assholes.
Reply
#30

Jenna_Bird Wrote:I got duped by that one too Neil...so don't feel bad. Those girls, they chew you up, spit you out, and leave you with a sore neck. :lol: :wink:

-Jenna

Ok Jenna, I am confused...you let a girl up onto your shoulders??? Confusedhock: Maybe I missed something :lol:
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)