Posts: 169
Threads: 2
Joined: Nov 2006
Reputation:
0
I doubt anyone will get in that is not invited. My source also said some big names were flying in for this such as Tom Cruise, Mathew McConaughey and other people like that.....so i think it will be extremely tough.
I had to phone my brother in law and take back the glue comment.
Posts: 7,289
Threads: 811
Joined: Apr 2005
Reputation:
0
If noone can get in, I'm sure MAv will supply us with some SOTDs from this in the future, hopefully.
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Posts: 1,623
Threads: 107
Joined: Mar 2004
Reputation:
0
thedarkcanuck Wrote:i heard a rumour awhile back that they are playing a private show in edmonton on messiers retirement night
call me dr. insider
7/17/95-Craven
11/18/96-Saskatoon
7/21/97-Saskatoon
9/16/00-Winnipeg
11/24/00-Red Deer
07/14/02-Camrose
9/26/02-Edmonton
9/27/02-Edmonton
8/1/03-Kelowna
6/22/04-Edmonton
11/17/04-Edmonton
11/20/04-Saskatoon
10/28/06-Calgary
1/19/07-Regina
7/18/07-Saskatoon
6/22/08-Calgary
8/4/09-Saskatoon
9/14/09-Edmonton
9/19/09-Banff
7/14/11-Edmonton
1/23/13-Edmonton
7/6/13-Saskatoon
10/10/15-Houston
7/28/16-Edmonton
7/30/16-Edmonton
8/01/16-Calgary
Posts: 215
Threads: 5
Joined: Mar 2005
Reputation:
0
ya its true...a friend is working it, and is not gonna have to do fuck all (there is 1 staff member for every 3 guests). i have a feeling he is just gonna sit there and watch the entire hip set. bastard.
Posts: 1,674
Threads: 70
Joined: Jul 2006
Reputation:
0
Wow! This sounds cool. I look forward to hearing reviews/recordings from anyone who gets in! :thumb:
Posts: 596
Threads: 16
Joined: Oct 2004
Reputation:
0
Sooooooooooo anything happen
Posts: 414
Threads: 43
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
Mav time to confirm !!!!!!!
Posts: 147
Threads: 10
Joined: Apr 2004
Reputation:
0
so i didnt try and sneak in. but i did meet the guys at the game they were up in a luxury box near section 220 with glen sather and paul coffey.
j
Posts: 151
Threads: 6
Joined: Sep 2003
Reputation:
0
That is freaking awesome...any word on the setlist and who all was there. Anyone who was there is lucky as all hell.
Posts: 169
Threads: 2
Joined: Nov 2006
Reputation:
0
I would have gladly sacrificed both nuts to have been there last night! I wonder if tth from Sherwood Park had a good time, hopefully he will give us a report.
Posts: 535
Threads: 14
Joined: Oct 2005
Reputation:
0
I guess this wasn't such a well-kept secret after all. Found this online -- published more than two weeks ago in the Edmonton Sun:
GOD COMES AMONG US
"Then there's the hanging of No. 11's banner in Rexall Place that night, followed by a private party downtown with the Tragically Hip."
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Columnists/Hicks_Graham/2007/02/11/pf-3586738.html">http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Columni ... 86738.html</a><!-- m -->
I'm assuming the headline refers to Messier, and not Downie.
Hoping anyone who went shakes off their hangover soon and gives us a setlist and some stories...