Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

The Hip Live 10 series

sean.bonner Wrote:I'd say Live 10 is over.
It was great while it lasted.

my wife asked MAv on facebook a couple weeks ago, and he said more was planned
Reply

I think The Hip should sell the recordings directly from thehip.com's website, instead of looking to MapleMusic, iTunes or livedownloads.com to distribute the files. It would eliminate the Canada-only problems found with iTunes, and you could sell mp3 & flac encoded files just like livedownloads, skipping the middleman.

Just a thought.....
Reply

FYI

Every Hip album is now on sale on iTunes for $7.99, this includes the Live 10 series. Maybe a good time to pick up the full catalogue for anyone who doesnt have them yet!
Reply

srb Wrote:I think The Hip should sell the recordings directly from thehip.com's website, instead of looking to MapleMusic, iTunes or livedownloads.com to distribute the files. It would eliminate the Canada-only problems found with iTunes, and you could sell mp3 & flac encoded files just like livedownloads, skipping the middleman.

Just a thought.....

agreed..
then I could buy the live stuff here in the states..!

this is nationalism at its worst!
Reply

For everyone who bought the Live 10 offerings, and/or the Live from Austin City Limits Music Festival 2006 from iTunes, you can now upgrade your purchase(s) to DRM free, 256kbps files..... :thumb:

http://i.gizmodo.com/5124588/itunes-gets...se-over-3g
Reply

srb Wrote:For everyone who bought the Live 10 offerings, and/or the Live from Austin City Limits Music Festival 2006 from iTunes, you can now upgrade your purchase(s) to DRM free, 256kbps files..... :thumb:

http://i.gizmodo.com/5124588/itunes-gets...se-over-3g

Do we have to pay 30 cents more to upgrade to that? is that starting now or this April?

I will not give up. My face is set,my gait is fast,my goal is heaven,my road is narrow,my way is rough,my companions are few,my guide is reliable,my mission is clear. I cannot be bought,compromised,detoured,lured away,turned back,diluted or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,hesitate in the presence of adversity,negotiate at the table of the enemy,ponder at the pool of popularity,or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I will not give up,shut up or slow down....Blessed Be!
Reply

Summiteer Wrote:
srb Wrote:For everyone who bought the Live 10 offerings, and/or the Live from Austin City Limits Music Festival 2006 from iTunes, you can now upgrade your purchase(s) to DRM free, 256kbps files..... :thumb:

http://i.gizmodo.com/5124588/itunes-gets...se-over-3g

Do we have to pay 30 cents more to upgrade to that? is that starting now or this April?

I've had to upgrade all my iTunes purchases (I don't think you can upgrade just one song or one album). If you upgrade everything, you pay $0.40 per individual purchased song, and/or 30% of the full album cost, and/or $0.80 per purchased video. I believe if you don't upgrade everything, you have to re-purchase the music at cost for non-DRM format. Fortunately, I never bought much other than the Live Hip, a few videos and a few other Singles/Songs. I'd imagine those who have purchased a lot from iTunes would have to consider whether it's worth the upgrade.
Reply

d_alex_d Wrote:FYI

Every Hip album is now on sale on iTunes for $7.99, this includes the Live 10 series. Maybe a good time to pick up the full catalogue for anyone who doesnt have them yet!

Is this just a Canadian/USA thing as I can't see them (from the UK)? I've never been able to get hold of any of the Live 10 series. Not fair. Sad
Reply

andy42g Wrote:Is this just a Canadian/USA thing as I can't see them (from the UK)? I've never been able to get hold of any of the Live 10 series. Not fair. Sad
This is actually still exclusive to just Canada.

"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)