Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

The Hip Live 10 series
#1

From thehip.com:

Quote:The Hip Live 10 series

Hey folks,

We are very happy to announce the launch of The Hip Live 10 series for sale exclusively through itunes (Canada only, for now).

The songs for Live 10 are taken from songs streamed from thehip.com’s "Song Of The Day" feature.

Volume 1 will be available Tuesday September 12th. Each volume will be available for purchase as a whole, or as individual songs. Subsequent volumes will be released over time.

Check back to <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.thehip.com">www.thehip.com</a><!-- w --> at 2:00pm (est) on Tuesday september 12th for a live link or go directly to itunes canada.
Reply
#2

So just a compilation of live music? I'm game! Sounds awesome!Great Goin' MAv!

2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Reply
#3

So, does this mean everything we've heard so far from TSOD will be available from Itunes?

I will not give up. My face is set,my gait is fast,my goal is heaven,my road is narrow,my way is rough,my companions are few,my guide is reliable,my mission is clear. I cannot be bought,compromised,detoured,lured away,turned back,diluted or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,hesitate in the presence of adversity,negotiate at the table of the enemy,ponder at the pool of popularity,or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I will not give up,shut up or slow down....Blessed Be!
Reply
#4

I hope so. That "Goin', goin', gone" was a great one.

This is a great idea. Hardcore fans will already have a lot of this stuff, but this makes it accessible to a broader audience. And makes the band a buck in the process.
Reply
#5

skippy the wonder dog Wrote:I hope so. That "Goin', goin', gone" was a great one.

This is a great idea. Hardcore fans will already have a lot of this stuff, but this makes it accessible to a broader audience. And makes the band a buck in the process.

I'm thinkin there's prawly some copyright issues with that version they did of GGG that will prevent them from puttin that up, which sucks cause I'd love to have that 1 too, but having said that,there's still a shitload of great stuff thats been played so far :thumb:

I will not give up. My face is set,my gait is fast,my goal is heaven,my road is narrow,my way is rough,my companions are few,my guide is reliable,my mission is clear. I cannot be bought,compromised,detoured,lured away,turned back,diluted or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,hesitate in the presence of adversity,negotiate at the table of the enemy,ponder at the pool of popularity,or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I will not give up,shut up or slow down....Blessed Be!
Reply
#6

But one things for certain: we will hear higher quality recordings as MAv has stated numerous times that he has had to "res" down the quality to post them on the site.

Anyways, should be good.

Do you think there will be covers to be downloaded too? And will the price be $9.99 for 10 songs?

Here's to hoping 38 years old is in the first series...
Reply
#7

Wow! Can somebody with a burner help a brother out with a CD copy of this?? (Mr. Dame, I'm lookin' at you) Unfortunately I'm still stuck in the stone age with my shitty laptop computer, and I don't have the hardware to get these songs. I'll pay for the full price of course.
Reply
#8

Very cool. Can't wait to get these.
Reply
#9

probably a really dumb question...but that's never stopped me asking on before.....since it's Itunes exclusive, is it only m4a or whatever their files are??? And, what quality are these files? AND, can they be converted to mp3 (mp3 deck in the car means far fewer cds)...any help with these?
Reply
#10

jgardz Wrote:probably a really dumb question...but that's never stopped me asking on before.....since it's Itunes exclusive, is it only m4a or whatever their files are??? And, what quality are these files? AND, can they be converted to mp3 (mp3 deck in the car means far fewer cds)...any help with these?

I am assuming most of these questions will be answered tomorrow...MAv very rarely leaves a stone unturned...
Reply
#11

skippy the wonder dog Wrote:I hope so. That "Goin', goin', gone" was a great one.

oooooh please yes please
Reply
#12

This is great, except I wish the boys went with LiveDownloads again instead of iTunes. With iTunes you have to deal with all the garbage DRM crap. The only way to convert them to MP3s for people who don't use iTunes or an iPod (I do, I just object to this on principle) is to burn to a CD and then rip them back to your computer which results in a loss in quality on a file that is already only 128k. Livedownloads on the other hand offers mp3s or FLAC if you want it for higher quality. iTunes is stuck in the "we sue our fans" music industry "business" model, while offering tracks like this as straight up mp3s or flac or some other open format would be much cooler.

So yeah, very cool overall, and I'll get it for sure, but I really think DRM is a bunch of crap and I wish the Hip could have chosen a better method for distributing this that doesn't inconvenience their fans.
Reply
#13

so if i don't have an Ipod, can i still use itunes?? sorry..i'm a little ignorant..
Reply
#14

googolplex Wrote:This is great, except I wish the boys went with LiveDownloads again instead of iTunes. With iTunes you have to deal with all the garbage DRM crap. The only way to convert them to MP3s for people who don't use iTunes or an iPod (I do, I just object to this on principle) is to burn to a CD and then rip them back to your computer which results in a loss in quality on a file that is already only 128k. Livedownloads on the other hand offers mp3s or FLAC if you want it for higher quality. iTunes is stuck in the "we sue our fans" music industry "business" model, while offering tracks like this as straight up mp3s or flac or some other open format would be much cooler.

So yeah, very cool overall, and I'll get it for sure, but I really think DRM is a bunch of crap and I wish the Hip could have chosen a better method for distributing this that doesn't inconvenience their fans.
Exactly my thoughts. I was really pissed when "Night is For Getting" was an iTunes-only release, and to top it off, and iTunes Canada -only release, which really blows for us American fans. LiveDownloads always sounded like the default choice to me for The Hip, but I guess not anymore.

opiated Wrote:so if i don't have an Ipod, can i still use itunes?? sorry..i'm a little ignorant..
Sure. Just download them and burn them to a CD and it's just like you got them off LiveDownloads, just with lower quality and DRM.
Reply
#15

Yes, you can still use iTunes without an iPod on your computer of course. It's great for playing mp3s and everything, I just hate the DRM from the iTunes store.

By the way, it's on iTunes now and I'm downloading it as we speak. It sounds great.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)