Posts: 143
Threads: 5
Joined: Jul 2003
Reputation:
0
I too would have to agree with a lot of what Spycouple said...on the other hand Chris's point about the 4 locations seriving approx. 12 million people is valid...
However, I guess I still feel that Saskatchewan (and on this occasion Manitoba too), continually get the short end of the stick. I know that we'll likely get an arena show in winter, but for most diehards, we really, really look forward to a shot at a small venue concert...OK, I promised myself no whining...
So...how many from Regina are committed to going to Calgary (assuming tickets can be had)? My heart tells me yes, but...the $60.00 does seem a bit high...and the negative reviews of Macewan Hall don't help...
I need some convincing!!!
Jay
Posts: 7,289
Threads: 811
Joined: Apr 2005
Reputation:
0
Maybe a maritime trip to Montreal should be organized

. That would be phenomenal!
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Posts: 276
Threads: 20
Joined: Feb 2006
Reputation:
0
I must admit, I am dissappointed with the 4 city "tour" but that is not why I am pissed, its the fact that all 4 shows in Toronto are +19. Being a minor, I now can not see my favourite band untill the next tour. Chris has a point about the population around those 4 cities and everything, which is why it isnt a big deal to me that they didnt announce a London show or anywhere else, but it doesnt matter if you're not 19. Now I know there has been a lot of bitching and moaning about these shows and that I am now part of this group who is. But this is the first time I have ever been pissed about the Hip's tour dates. If they are touring in the US fine, the west coast fine, but having the Hip so close and not being able to go because I was born 2 years later just pisses me off.
Posts: 2
Threads: 0
Joined: Sep 2006
Reputation:
0
Hey, new here.
I've got a couple questions.
Has anyone else noticed that they are now advertising only one show in Montreal and why is this? Also does anyone know what Metropolis' capacity is?
Thanks in advance.
Posts: 7,289
Threads: 811
Joined: Apr 2005
Reputation:
0
from andpop.com...
Can-rock heroes The Tragically Hip have announced a Canadian tour for this fall, but don't expect to find the boys in any stadiums or arenas.
According to JAM!, the band will play a number of multi-night stints at smaller, more intimate clubs.
The tour will kick off in Toronto with four nights at the Phoenix Concert Theatre -- October 22-23 and 25-26. From there, the band will move on to residencies at clubs in Calgary and Vancouver, with a single show set for Montreal.
Tickets for all shows are running expensively at $59.50 a piece. Fans signed up with thehip.com can purchase pre-sale tickets starting September 26 at 10 a.m.
Catch The Hip this fall on their mini-tour:
Toronto, Phoenix Concert Theatre --
Sunday October 22
Monday October 23
Wednesday October 25
Thursday October 26
Calgary, MacEwan Hall --
Saturday October 28
Sunday October 29
Monday October 30
Wednesday November 1
Vancouver, Commodore Ballroom --
Friday November 3
Saturday November 4
Monday November 6
Tuesday November 7
Montreal, Metropolis --
Thursday November 9
---------------------------------------
MAv, is there just one Montreal show? I was starting to make plans to go up and catch one of the weekend shows, but if there is just one on Thursday, it will be extremely difficult.
Anybody else know?
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Posts: 50
Threads: 1
Joined: Jul 2006
Reputation:
0
hey guys, what's going on over in THIS thread?!? LET'S GO BUFF-A-LOOO!!! grab your wife and your broadband internet, let's get this show on the road!
Posts: 888
Threads: 52
Joined: Jun 2002
Reputation:
0
Man I go away for a few hours and the thread goes sideways... awwwe if we could just have the old "henhouse" back.... those were the good ole days.. (aka: sherpa28 & jeffro in those days)
Posts: 344
Threads: 16
Joined: Oct 2003
Reputation:
0
This could also go in the Wishlist thread:
I wish the TO shows would've been at Massey Hall instead. It's a larger venue, yet still on the smallish side (3.5k?). Tickets would be a bit easier to get. I'm sure four shows at Massey would sell out.
I really want to go to TO but will only do it if I can get tix for Sunday and Monday (Wednesday and Thursday would be an added bonus). I don't mind paying $60 Canadian (although at that price they should play 2+ hours).
Posts: 50
Threads: 1
Joined: Jul 2006
Reputation:
0
where you could jump to your feet? nothing is cruel. even if it is... we don't care because you're a fool, i'm a fool.
Posts: 5,352
Threads: 277
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
Not trying to beat a dead horse here, but I think I can understand Tiger's frustration, and I dont fault him for saying it. I think like most of us the frustration stems from love of our favorite band and that's ok. I dont like waiting either, for albums, tours and all the rest to happen, but thats the way its always been. Ill admit there's been a few times where I felt a little let down I was so excited at the Livedownloads idea and all we got was 3 shows and I was left wanting so much more. Same thing for the Hip Club it didnt really get its proper due did it, again I was left wanting. But hey they've always come through for us over the years, constant touring, albums pretty much every 2 years, we eventually got our long awaited DVD. Sometimes things aren't always as bad as they seem somtimes when you really think about it. Hell Im just glad they're still making music and playing shows. I can list a ton of bands I love that arent doing half that anymore, or are broken up and done with music altogether.
And if anyone should be pissed around here its me, they're playing 4 shows 2hrs from my house and I cant go to any of them!!! Thats gonna be a tough week, I dont think Ill even be able to handle reading the show reviews, Id probably have a break down.
Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”