Posts: 1,623
Threads: 107
Joined: Mar 2004
Reputation:
0
you are aware our national flag has a huge maple leaf in the centre, right?
7/17/95-Craven
11/18/96-Saskatoon
7/21/97-Saskatoon
9/16/00-Winnipeg
11/24/00-Red Deer
07/14/02-Camrose
9/26/02-Edmonton
9/27/02-Edmonton
8/1/03-Kelowna
6/22/04-Edmonton
11/17/04-Edmonton
11/20/04-Saskatoon
10/28/06-Calgary
1/19/07-Regina
7/18/07-Saskatoon
6/22/08-Calgary
8/4/09-Saskatoon
9/14/09-Edmonton
9/19/09-Banff
7/14/11-Edmonton
1/23/13-Edmonton
7/6/13-Saskatoon
10/10/15-Houston
7/28/16-Edmonton
7/30/16-Edmonton
8/01/16-Calgary
Posts: 4,352
Threads: 136
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
anywho, although i am kinda dissapointed that they're not turning to Jose if Brodeur isn't playing tonight, but i'm not suprised. it doesn't matter who we put in net though because our goaltending is the best thing we've got going for us.
Posts: 2,367
Threads: 143
Joined: Jul 2002
Reputation:
0
Shit...looks like that thread about Brodeur was right after all.
CBC SPORTS ONLINE - Martin Brodeur did not participate in Saturday morning's pre-game skate and will likely miss Canada's do-or-die semifinal game against the Czech Republic (CBC, 6:30 pm EST) at the World Cup of Hockey.
Nursing a tender left arm, the New Jersey Devils goalie told reporters Friday that he hoped to play against the Czechs, but coach Pat Quinn said Saturday morning that Brodeur's participation will be a game time decision.
"Right now I don't think it's fair to Team Canada to jeopardize their chances of advancing just because I want to be in there," Brodeur said.
"I wouldn't be 100 per cent in there tonight. The calibre of guys that we have behind me makes me feel better about taking a couple of extra days to be ready for another game if there is one."
Posts: 903
Threads: 39
Joined: Jan 2003
Reputation:
0
Here is what Canadians think of Brett Hull , and why he doesn't play for us.
Posts: 2,367
Threads: 143
Joined: Jul 2002
Reputation:
0
HAHA! That's brilliant! One hour 17 minutes til game time...
Posts: 903
Threads: 39
Joined: Jan 2003
Reputation:
0
Can't wait, this Brodeur thing is a distraction. If Canada plays their game they should be able to win with Bob Cole in net. Bob , please quit calling Ryan Smyth ...Vincent Lecavalier.
Posts: 903
Threads: 39
Joined: Jan 2003
Reputation:
0
Thank god Bob isn't in goal , beauty on the frist goal by Canada . Great to see Mario score on the second , and that was a weak one against Loungo to say the least.
Posts: 1,515
Threads: 125
Joined: Feb 2004
Reputation:
0
This isn't good This isn't good This isn't good This isn't good This isn't good This isn't good This isn't good This isn't good This isn't good This isn't good This isn't good This isn't good This isn't good This isn't good
Oh man....3-3..This can't be happening.
Posts: 903
Threads: 39
Joined: Jan 2003
Reputation:
0
Well we survived the paradox of Luongo, make a ton of great saves and let in 2 weak goals. Thankfully we pulled it out , what a relief , and what a bogus call by Devorski , I think that's who called it on Lecavalier , fitting he should score the winner .
Posts: 2,367
Threads: 143
Joined: Jul 2002
Reputation:
0
We really dodged a bullet there. If not for the completely weak 3rd goal by Vokoun, we'd have been sunk. We wouldn't even have made it to overtime.
I was not impressed with the way we played at all. I spent all two and a half hours with a terrible, ominous feeling about our chances. The first two goals were great, but instantly we sat back again and let the Czechs rule with an iron fist.
We can't put up a performance like that against the Finns, because I sincerely doubt we'll get more than two pucks past Kiprusoff. If we win it'll be 2-1 or 1-0.
Posts: 2,571
Threads: 145
Joined: May 2003
Reputation:
0
Wow what a game! your right Neil, we were kinda floundering about there. Roberto made some key stops but Marty woulda did better. But we made it through thank Creator. Did anyone happen to record that game? I hope they offer up the entire game on DVD soon as well as the championship game. I found the 87 Canada Cup on DVD on Ebay and will prawly get that.....
I will not give up. My face is set,my gait is fast,my goal is heaven,my road is narrow,my way is rough,my companions are few,my guide is reliable,my mission is clear. I cannot be bought,compromised,detoured,lured away,turned back,diluted or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,hesitate in the presence of adversity,negotiate at the table of the enemy,ponder at the pool of popularity,or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I will not give up,shut up or slow down....Blessed Be!
Posts: 2,367
Threads: 143
Joined: Jul 2002
Reputation:
0
I recorded the game. I'm also recording the next one and if we win the whole shebang, I'll be doing a TVrip and probably torrenting it or something. I really wanted to do that if Calgary had won the Cup...I have the games on tape, but not enough people would care about Tampa Bay for it to be worth my time.
Posts: 4,352
Threads: 136
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
I'M GOING TO TORONTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump
Posts: 1,585
Threads: 60
Joined: Aug 2002
Reputation:
0
One more to go!!
IT'S ALL CANADA TONIGHT!!!
2-1
Posts: 1,143
Threads: 27
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
Who Cares! Players and owners give up on hockey at midnight. bye bye NHL for a long time, maybe forever!