Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

RANT: Just a couple of the reasons that I hate Rogers...
#16

Man-Sized Eldorado Wrote:
MAverick Wrote:
chris Wrote:I'm moving into a new condo on April 1. It is a Rogers-only building which means that I have no choice but to use Rogers if I want TV, home phone and/or internet. On February 23 I called Rogers to book my move. At that time they confirmed everything for April 1, and gave me a new phone number.

On March 22, my cable was disconnected. I called in to see what was going on and learned that a technical glitch sent the disconnect order early. During this same conversation I also learned that they lost my pending move order, and gave my phone mumber to someone else meaning I have to redo all my condo/moving/mortgage paperwork with another phone number.

Rogers then scheduled an appointment to reconnect me on March 23 between 5 and 8pm. I left work early and when I got home I discovered that they had already been out and reconnected me - proving I didn't need to be home, and that they do not stick to their schedule.

On March 24, I came home and found my cable disconnected... again. So I call in. No record of my move order, just a disconnect order. Again they schedule a reconnect and ensure that my move order is in place... but this time it is for April 4!

Jump ahead to March 26, and surprise, surprise, my cable has been disconnected. I call in and it's another technical glitch that sent the disconnect order.

So last night I told the Senior Supervisor - Management Support dude to call me this morning between 9 and 10am, while all the Rogers offices are open to fix this problem. Anyone wanna guess if he called?? Nope. So now I'm on hold again with Rogers.

Through into the mix that Rogers Internet service is terrible, and they block torrents, and they limit your monthly transfers and you've got a really pissed off guy!

Stay tuned as the saga continues...

Ok, other than the fact that I don't really torrent too often - so I haven't noticed this aspect of the service, my personnal connection to Rogers has been OUTSTANDING. I have Rogers extreme, I get super fast downloads, it's been up continuously for almost four months straight.

I used to have a dsl and got rid of it. I'm on a bell connection right now, and it SUCKS!!!

My PVR is another thing entirely though. I went through at least FIVE last summer. They kept frying. My current one is ok, but I expect it to die soon too. Though, I love the service, the interface isn't so good.

Good luck Chris Chris.

MAv.

I sure hope you didn't just jinx yourself MAv!!!

...here's me knocking on some wood for you! :lol: :lol:

Already did, but I'm working out of an office for a while - normally work out of my house - thus, the shitty bell connection, though they are switching to Rogers here as well.
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)