08-29-2005, 01:32 PM
Reports are spotty at best. It appears that New Orleans faired relatively well compared to the doomsday scenarios that some of the "experts" laid out last night.
However, I think the news isn't quite so rosey for people in Mississippi, in particular Gulf Port and Biloxi. They took the brunt of the Eastern section of the "eye wall", which is always the most dangerous, both in terms of water and wind damage. No I'm not a meteorologist, it's just been a slow day and I've spent a lot of time watching CNN.
Goulet!!!
However, I think the news isn't quite so rosey for people in Mississippi, in particular Gulf Port and Biloxi. They took the brunt of the Eastern section of the "eye wall", which is always the most dangerous, both in terms of water and wind damage. No I'm not a meteorologist, it's just been a slow day and I've spent a lot of time watching CNN.
Goulet!!!

