08-01-2005, 08:28 AM
NWOntario Wrote:fingernailsonhull Wrote:Really? I didn't realize they did it that many times on the 1st Leg. I'm headed to the second show in Toronto in September. I sure hope they don't continue the trend.
You would think that...and yet the four people I know who've seen U2 on the Vertigo tour (two in Chicago, two in Dublin) both heard "Vertigo" twice and both swear in the name of Love that it actually worked really, really well. I'm going to reserve judgment until the Toronto run (seeing the fourth show), but without having seen the show I will say this: I think it's bogus for a band that's charging fans $150 to buy its entire back catalogue at the iTunes store and then to play the same song twice in the same show. Again, I'm prepared to reserve judgment til September 17...but I really hope they've gotten over it by then.
Steve
I'll be interested to see the U2 show reviews posted here after the four shows in Toronto. They have a completely different style live than The Hip. Will the Base have a rep at each of the shows? I'll be at the second show, Steve is at the fourth show. I believe TDC mentioned somewhere that he is going to the first show. Anyone at the third show on the Friday?
Jeff
June 21, 2003 Toronto, ON: SkyDome
July 1, 2004 Toronto, ON: Molson Amphitheatre
November 26, 2004 Toronto, ON: Air Canada Centre
June 24, 2006 Toronto, ON: Historic Fort York
May 10, 2007 Indianapolis, IN: The Vogue
July 14, 2011 Edmonton, AB: Northlands Festival Site
June 30, 2012 Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON: The Commons at Butler's Barracks
January 23, 2013 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
July 28, 2016 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place

