Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

UGH...Chemistry
#3

Picked up a degree in Journalism and finishing one now in Political Science, and never once, not one single damn time... did I get to play dodge ball or climb a rope or akwardly shower with other men.

I WISH they made me take more classes outside my program. History and Lit are fun, but ya can't get a Bachelor Of anything without B.O.

Bring back gym!

Seriously though, I think schools (Canadian schools anyway) focus too much on specialization. If you look back at the great thinkers and philosphers, and even the dominant figures of the 60's (King, Kennedy, Trudeau) they all had broad educational backgrounds and knowledge of biology, physics, the classics and stuff I gladly left behind in high school.


I think a broader education, even if it sucks now, will help you down the line. It certainly develops and trains the brain in ways things you enjoy never can.

I think you'll benefit from it... although your spring break certainly will not.

Hang in there!
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)