Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

winter blues
#1

Anybody suffer from this? Im not a big fan of winter myself, growing up in Canada Im used to long cold winters, bad roads and lots of stress. When I was younger I spent many winters playing road hockey for hours and hours, playing ice hockey and going to school, but as I got older winter became less fun, no more road hockey, no more ice hockey and full time work became my life. Its not so much the cold that bothers me, I can take it, but for the last 4 years my job was 30 mins away in St.Mary's, and it was shift work, so Id be driving through the horrible snow belt of sw ontario, in the early mornings and in the middle of the night, and let me tell you the stress was awful, for me and my wife. But this year I made a career change so no more driving in storms to get to work, I finally got a job in London and this winter I am much more upbeat with the bad weather looming, but I still find myself getting a little down, my hockey career long over, I hate skiing, the NHL gone Cry and I dont make snowmen anymore (Im in an apartment). But this year I joined a gym so hopefully that will keep me going strong, I play indoor ball hockey on thursdays, and I like my new job and maybe just maybe the NHL will come back, well so far its looking alot better than last year. Hopefully the days of winter blahs, feeling down and gaining weight are behind me. Anybody out there in Hipbase land have these same feelings? What sort of things do you do to keep upbeat and busy during the winter months? Anybody hate winter, have a bad/good story to tell? Id like to know how my fellow canucks cope with the cold, you too in the USA I havent forgotten its cold there too! :wink: well in some parts anyway.

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)